Turn Off Ads?
Page 11 of 68 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast

Thread: What was the most recent movie I've watched? (Part 2)

Re: What was the most recent movie I've watched? (Part 2)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0857376/

Gabriel (2007)

I bought this on DVD a couple years ago, put it in the DVD player immediately and then turned it off after 10 minutes because it seemed corny. Had nothing better to do today, so I gave it a second chance.

There is not a single recognizable face or name in this film, which was made with a JVC camcorder for $150,000 Australian dollars. T...he acting...is surprisingly strong. The plot really makes you think. The action, while a little over the top at times with the effects and fight choreography, is pretty much what you expect from the genre. So, in essence, this is a pretty entertaining little piece of supernatural action film making on a low budget for an independent Australian director who had never before made a movie. Surprisingly, I liked it, and I think it has good multiple viewing potential. I'm not sorry now that I picked it up a couple years ago.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Watched "Hot Tub Time Machine" on PPV. I thought it was pretty funny. Not "The Hangover"-level funny, but along those lines. Gross humor with a smidge of cleverness and some tongue-in-cheek.

The problem was, it had to set a world's record for f-bombs. Nouns, verbs, adjectives, adverbs, just everything, and unrelenting. Drove my wife out of the room after about 20 minutes. Got the hairy eyeball and this means a romantic comedy is in my future to pay her back.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Aedan05

zombielan . . . watched it last night , nice movie . . . !!!

Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar

Watched Kick-Ass last night. Decent, but cheesy.

Watched "The Bounty Hunter" last night with my G/F. In fact, she pulled me out of the Cards/Nats game thread so we could watch it.

It looks like the game turned out to be better than the movie. I'm giving the game a '10' - because STL lost, of course. The movie, only a 6.5 or so - 7 at best. You have to have strong chemistry between the two lead characters in a good romantic comedy, and I just didn't get that feel in this movie. If not for the eye candy (Jennifer Aniston), I'd probably rate it even lower.

My wife made me watch The Bounty Hunter the other day too. It was OK. I would agree, about a 7 out of 10. It wasn't terrible but nothing great.

The last movie I watched was the Hot Tub Time Machine. Pretty hilarious IMO.

We watched The Bounty Hunter a couple weeks ago. A 7 out of 10 is pretty generous. I'd say more like a 5.

I liked watching Jennifer Aniston and Gerald Butler could have been a good match for her. I think they had some chemistry.

But the story was dumb and dialogue flat and it was all too long and pointless. It had a couple LOL moments and Aniston is eye candy but that was about it. Paying $3.99 for PPV was about all I'd spend on it. I'd be hacked if I spent good money on it at the theater.

"Piranha 3D" - Go to a bar with your friends before and after (and during, if you're lucky enough to be at a "Fork and Screen" theater). It's stupid, intentionally gratuitous, and very gory. It goes out of it's way to show silly 3-D shots and ridiculous kills. Unfortunately, it's missing that one element that can transform a decent film into a classic - quotability. Almost none of the dialogue was memorable, which let me down considerably. Still, three out of five stars.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool View Post
    "Piranha 3D" - Go to a bar with your friends before and after (and during, if you're lucky enough to be at a "Fork and Screen" theater). It's stupid, intentionally gratuitous, and very gory. It goes out of it's way to show silly 3-D shots and ridiculous kills. Unfortunately, it's missing that one element that can transform a decent film into a classic - quotability. Almost none of the dialogue was memorable, which let me down considerably. Still, three out of five stars.
    Ah, The Dave Matthews effect: You have to be wasted to enjoy it.

I'm sold.

Saw The Other Guys last night. Laughed really hard a few times, but much of the movie was painful. Pulling off something that campy is difficult and I don't think they did it very well. They couldn't decide if they wanted to be Beverly Hills Cop or Naked Gun.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    Watched "Hot Tub Time Machine" on PPV. I thought it was pretty funny. Not "The Hangover"-level funny, but along those lines. Gross humor with a smidge of cleverness and some tongue-in-cheek.

The problem was, it had to set a world's record for f-bombs. Nouns, verbs, adjectives, adverbs, just everything, and unrelenting. Drove my wife out of the room after about 20 minutes. Got the hairy eyeball and this means a romantic comedy is in my future to pay her back.
    Rob Courdry stole this movie. Keep the kids at home though.

"In the Loop"

A British comedy/political satire released last year, might be the smartest film I've seen in forever. Youtube the film for copious amounts of quotable material. (Un)fortunately most of the lines are not, eh...., proper at this location.

28 Weeks Later.

Ultra-violent, very interesting premise, way disturbing, and scared the pee out of me (and I don't get scared easily). Good movie if you like that kind of thing. Not for the sqeamish or faint of heart.

Watched "Death at a Funeral" yesterday, the original one, not the remake.

Hilarious.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    I liked watching Jennifer Aniston and Gerald Butler could have been a good match for her. I think they had some chemistry.
    To be honest, I could watch Gerard Butler every night of the week. He was quite something in Phantom Of The Opera.

Turn Off Ads?