Turn Off Ads?
Page 15 of 68 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565 ... LastLast

Thread: What was the most recent movie I've watched? (Part 2)

Re: What was the most recent movie I've watched? (Part 2)

I watched part of "Cleopatra," the 1963 movie that almost bankrupted a studio, last night. I sometimes like older movies, but watching that Elizabeth Taylor-Richard Burton-Rex Harrison epic made me understand why it bombed. Man was it slow.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    Recently watched all of the TV show Firefly and the movie Serenity.

That show was amazing, can't believe it didn't last longer.
    I absolutely love Firefly and Serenity. I saw Serenity first, and liked it, but I didn't fully appreciate Serenity until after I later bought the Firefly DVD set. It is easily my favorite sci-fi series ever. I have re-watched both the series and Serenity several times. Great writing, great characters, great acting--just, well, great.

I watched Persona by Ingmar Bergman last night. I enjoyed it. Honestly can't say I understand it, though.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0060827/
    I've been to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's house, and I've eaten it at a homeless shelter. And there's great joy and harrowing terror to be found in both places.
    -Todd Snider

I watched "The Man in the Gray Flannel Suit" on AMC last night.

Overly long and a little clunky, but interesting to watch from the standpoint of life in the US in the mid-'50's. Men home from WWII and still trying to make adjustments to normal life without PTSD care. Interesting look at corporate ethics and boardroom manner. And a pretty frank look at a married couple of the time.

I always like Gregory Peck and Jennifer Jones was decent as the wife. Fredric March is excellent as a flawed business tycoon as well as Lee J. Cobb as small town Connecticut judge.

Juxtaposed against a 50-years-later "Mad Men" makes for interesting comparisons.

EDIT: forgot to add that AMC's star of the month is Fredric March and that's why the movie was on.

http://www.tcm.com/thismonth/article/?cid=339814
    Last edited by Roy Tucker; 10-06-2010 at 02:43 PM.

Pay attention to the open sky

I watched The Social Network a few nights ago and really enjoyed it. One of my favorite movies of the year.

The 'Burbs. Love that movie. I try to watch it at least once a year.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0074207/

The Bingo Long Traveling All-Stars and Motor Kings.

Not sure how I've never seen this movie before, except that it's been very hard to find. A great buddy movie, and a good baseball film. Billy Dee sure had the charisma to be a leading man. It almost felt like I was watching James Earl Jones play a young Terrance Mann in this movie. Richard Pryor also gave the movie some good comedy relief. If you haven't seen this, I highly recommend it.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Waiting for a tour/album KittyDuran's Avatar

Last edited by KittyDuran; 10-17-2010 at 08:52 PM. Reason: double post
    2014 Reds record when I'm attending: 17-16
    2014 Dragons record when I'm attending: 2-1
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Waiting for a tour/album KittyDuran's Avatar

Saw "Red" this weekend (actually saw it twice). Yesterday at AMC in Newport with crappy audio and today at Cinema de Lux in Springdale with a larger and livelier crowd.

I'd give it 4 out of 5 stars but I'm biased because I wanted my Karl Urban fix.

Good date movie. Starts out slow establishing Willis' character but gets going fast in a hurry. John Malkovich's character makes the movie fun and you can't go wrong with Helen Mirren firing big guns in an evening gown and combat boots. The plot was meh but the cast looked like it was having a great time. Would love to see some deleted scenes and outtakes on blu-ray if possible.
    2014 Reds record when I'm attending: 17-16
    2014 Dragons record when I'm attending: 2-1
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

La Dolce Vita

babies...doc. about first breath to first step of 4 babies around the world. thumb up.

a prophet...french language oscar nominee from last year about young man's prison education. excellent, if a bit long.

three days of the condor, one of my favorite redford/pollack collaborations, that i've watched a dozen times or more.
    teach tolerance.

Quote Originally Posted by KittyDuran View Post
    Saw "Red" this weekend (actually saw it twice). Yesterday at AMC in Newport with crappy audio and today at Cinema de Lux in Springdale with a larger and livelier crowd.

I'd give it 4 out of 5 stars but I'm biased because I wanted my Karl Urban fix.

Good date movie. Starts out slow establishing Willis' character but gets going fast in a hurry. John Malkovich's character makes the movie fun and you can't go wrong with Helen Mirren firing big guns in an evening gown and combat boots. The plot was meh but the cast looked like it was having a great time. Would love to see some deleted scenes and outtakes on blu-ray if possible.
    Off tangent, but is anyone else annoyed when the movie "Reds" pops up in search results when doing a search on our team?

I'm going to see Jackass 3D this weekend. Can't wait...
    I miss Adam Dunn.

-The Insider-

Just saw Paranormal Activity 2. Wow. It scared me like crazy. I wasn't expecting much, it being a sequel. I loved the first one but this one might have scared me more.

We watched "Killers" a couple of nights ago. Mediocre at best, unbelievable and not funny enough at worst. I assume ladies may like Ashton Kutcher. I did think that Katherine Heigl had some charm, and I always like Tom Selleck (although I think he should let his hair and mustache show some gray at age 65). I'd probably give it a 4 or 5 on the 1-10 scale.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    I'm going to see Jackass 3D this weekend. Can't wait...
    Jackass 3D was amazing. I'll probably go see it again, I liked it that much.
    I miss Adam Dunn.

Turn Off Ads?