Turn Off Ads?
Page 16 of 68 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666 ... LastLast

Thread: What was the most recent movie I've watched? (Part 2)

Re: What was the most recent movie I've watched? (Part 2)

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetstop View Post
    babies...doc. about first breath to first step of 4 babies around the world. thumb up.
    Watched this last night, and it was great. The Mongolian baby had my wife and I cracking up.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

2. Turn Off Ads?

Rented Iron Man 2 over the weekend....not as good as the first but still decent....and I couldnt make out anything Mickey Rourke said the whole movie.

We watched Russell Crowe's "Robin Hood" last night. Great cast, good director, medicore film. I'd give it a 5 or 6 on the 1-10 scale.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBaron View Post
    We watched Russell Crowe's "Robin Hood" last night. Great cast, good director, medicore film. I'd give it a 5 or 6 on the 1-10 scale.
    Yeah mediocre seems about right, just like A Good Year, American Gangster and Body of Lies. Ridley Scott and Russell Crowe have teamed up on 5 films now and only the first one was a really good movie. Not sure why they keep thinking it's gonna fall in place again.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    Yeah mediocre seems about right, just like A Good Year, American Gangster and Body of Lies. Ridley Scott and Russell Crowe have teamed up on 5 films now and only the first one was a really good movie. Not sure why they keep thinking it's gonna fall in place again.
    American Gangster was awesome. Robin Hood was terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    American Gangster was awesome. Robin Hood was terrible.
    American Gangster was certainly the best of those movies, but I didn't think it was that great. I watched it again recently and really didn't like it that much. And the funny thing is I didn't think Robin Hood was terrible. I know most people did and I watched it thinking it was going to be terrible but I thought it was average to slightly above average.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

American Gangster sucked, and it was mostly because of Crowe.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    American Gangster sucked, and it was mostly because of Crowe.
    could not disagree more.

Paranormal Activity 2 - I liked the first one, both for the movie itself and for the techniques the filmmakers used to create tension and a sense of dread. This one ratcheted up the tension with more scares and a lot more urgency. It was very well done. The only knock is that part of the explanation behind the titular activityevents hinged on a detail that I found ham-handed and unnecessary. Other than that, it was a solid, scary movie. Four out of five stars.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

25th anniversary showing of Back To The Future last night at AMC. Man, that is one movie that holds up to time! Still fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool View Post
    Paranormal Activity 2 - I liked the first one, both for the movie itself and for the techniques the filmmakers used to create tension and a sense of dread. This one ratcheted up the tension with more scares and a lot more urgency. It was very well done. The only knock is that part of the explanation behind the titular activity hinged on a detail that I found ham-handed and unnecessary. Other than that, it was a solid, scary movie. Four out of five stars.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    could not disagree more.
    One of the most disappointing movies of the last 10 years. I wanted to love it, and I'm generally pretty easy to please.

A couple of evenings ago we watched "The Incredible Journey of Mary Bryant", which I believe was originally an Australian mini-series based upon the story of Mary Bryant, a starving girl in Cornwall in 1788 who was convicted of stealing food and sentenced to the penal colony in Botany Bay. She escaped along with her two infant children, her husband, and several other convicts. Sam Neill and Jack Davenport were about the only actors I knew. Romola Garai played the title role. Not a great film, but good, and it held my interest because it was based on a true story.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Topkapi, watched this because it was supposed to have inspired the original tv show Mission Impossible.

Awful just awful, had plot holes the size of battleships and the main actress constantly laughing like a hyena made my ears bleed.
    Go Gators!

"The Orphanage"

99.9% blood and gore free and it was one of the tensest movie watching experiences I've ever had. Really great horror movie.

Turn Off Ads?