Turn Off Ads?
Page 17 of 68 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767 ... LastLast

Thread: What was the most recent movie I've watched? (Part 2)

La Dolce Vita

Re: What was the most recent movie I've watched? (Part 2)

solitary man: with michael douglas...boring movie about a not very likeable character

robin hood: due to low expectations, i liked it better than i expected (max von sydow is excellent), possibly because right before it, we watched...

iron man II: snoozer for me..i love rd,j and i did love the first one.

breakfast at tiffany's: for the umpteenth time. better than above 3 combined. especially love the 1st scene (dawn in front of tiffany's with donut and coffee) and the last scene (looking for "cat" in the rain). always brings me smiles and tears.
    teach tolerance.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetstop View Post
    solitary man: with michael douglas...boring movie about a not very likeable character

robin hood: due to low expectations, i liked it better than i expected (max von sydow is excellent), possibly because right before it, we watched...

iron man II: snoozer for me..i love rd,j and i did love the first one.

breakfast at tiffany's: for the umpteenth time. better than above 3 combined. especially love the 1st scene (dawn in front of tiffany's with donut and coffee) and the last scene (looking for "cat" in the rain). always brings me smiles and tears.
    I agree that Von Sydow was good in Robin Hood. I really have no complaints with the acting in Robin Hood; the script just didn't do much for me.
    I also agree about Iron Man II. I loved the first Iron Man and was disappointed by the sequel. Great cast, poor script.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1323045/

Frozen. You wouldn't think there's a lot you could do with a horror movie about people stuck on a ski lift, but this movie was so much better than I thought it would be. Full of dread and tension.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0117883/

Tesis. Spanish horror flick, very Hitchcock like. Slow at times, but the build up to the big reveal is worth it.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Anyone else watch the premiere of "The Walking Dead"? It was a little slow, but the ending picked up the pace (and the gore).
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool View Post
    Anyone else watch the premiere of "The Walking Dead"? It was a little slow, but the ending picked up the pace (and the gore).
    I did. Can't wait until next Sunday. I hope that AMC picks up another season (13 episodes worth according to articles).

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    I did. Can't wait until next Sunday. I hope that AMC picks up another season (13 episodes worth according to articles).
    I'm a huge fan of the first 50-60 or so issues of the comic. After that, the quality drops off, IMO. I hope that doesn't happen to the series. But if the show follows the main narrative of the comics even loosely, there will be at least three seasons of amazing television.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    I am pretty positive with the ratings they got Sunday they will get picked up for another year. The premiere was the highest rated cable premiere of the year and one of the highest ratings an AMC series has ever had.

I thought The Walking Dead was great. AMC does such a good job with the content it puts out.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

I saw Secreteriat last week and enjoyed it enough to go get the book. I'm reading it now and am quickly realizing the movie is pretty much fiction. I understand when telling true stories that there will be some embellishment and creative license taken, but that's not what happened in the this case. Critical components of the movie are pure fiction. The only thing that really happened the way it's portrayed in the movie is the actual racing.

This has me miffed. Why not just make a fictional movie about a racehorse rather than use the greatest one of all-time to tell a fictional story? It's kind of irritating to tell you the truth.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

I can't be the only person on here who has seen Jackass 3D, can I?

[QUOTE=savafan;2293566]

Frozen. You wouldn't think there's a lot you could do with a horror movie about people stuck on a ski lift, but this movie was so much better than I thought it would be. Full of dread and tension.

[QUOTE]

I loved this movie. Very simple concept, but very well made.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    It's kind of embarrassing to admit, but I do want to see it, just haven't had a chance yet.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    I can't be the only person on here who has seen RED, can I?
    2023 Reds record attending: 13-18 FINAL
    2023 Dragons record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    2023 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Quote Originally Posted by KittyDuran View Post
    I can't be the only person on here who has seen RED, can I?
    I have a screener DVD, but I haven't bothered to watch it yet. Is it any good?
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Haunted by walks

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    I saw Secreteriat last week and enjoyed it enough to go get the book. I'm reading it now and am quickly realizing the movie is pretty much fiction. I understand when telling true stories that there will be some embellishment and creative license taken, but that's not what happened in the this case. Critical components of the movie are pure fiction. The only thing that really happened the way it's portrayed in the movie is the actual racing.

This has me miffed. Why not just make a fictional movie about a racehorse rather than use the greatest one of all-time to tell a fictional story? It's kind of irritating to tell you the truth.
    Yes, it's hard to make Secretariat into an underdog story but they tried. I saw "The Town," which is good if you're as tired of the Red Sox as you are of the Yankees.

Turn Off Ads?