Turn Off Ads?
Page 32 of 68 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast

Thread: What was the most recent movie I've watched? (Part 2)

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Re: What was the most recent movie I've watched? (Part 2)

Finally got around to seeing "The King's Speech" tonight.

After seeing it, I'm shocked there's even a debate about the Best Picture oscar -- it's simply a better movie than "The Social Network" in every facet. The script is tight and equal parts funny and moving, and the acting by Rush and Firth is simply superb.

Highest recommendation, as this is the best movie I've seen in several years.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

2. Turn Off Ads?

Saw "The Social Network" over the weekend and was impressed. Jessie Eisenberg gave a great performance as Zuckerberg. I thought it was a good movie but didn't hold a candle to "The Fighter".

Legends Never Die

Watched Despicable Me the other night. With a couple girls up at school, I was very skeptical that it was going to be any good at first being that it was a kids movie. But it was hilarious had some adult humor as well as kid humor and was very well done. The graphics were great and Steve Carell was hilarious.
    "Baseball is a simple game. If you have good players and if you keep them in the right frame of mind then the manager is a success."- Sparky Anderson

If anyone could make me a real signature that would be awesome I am not great with photoshop.

I've spent the last couple of days watching movies that won't be winning many Oscars. Two of the three were entertaining, though. I'll start with the one that wasn't.

Salt. A big disappointment. I really wanted to like this, but by then end of the movie I really didn't care who was who and what was what. Not to mention the blatant Nikki and Paulo ripoff.

Red. Entertaining. Not what I expected. The actors played it with the appropriate amount of humor. Once again, though, game seven of the 75 series wasn't referenced, leaving everyone to believe Boston won....oh, wait a minute. That was Reds.

Dinner for Schmucks. I thought it was funny. Nice absurd acting. I thought the blind fencer should have won, though.

I have The Social Network waiting to go in next, and am trying to not have too high expectations, since its topped so many lists.

Legends Never Die

True Grit: This movie is a must see for anyone 18 and up. Most people see this as just a movie for guys but my friends and I brought dates to go see it this Saturday. And not one person who saw it had a complaint about it. This movie literally grabbed everyone in the first 10 minutes and didn't let go until the bitter end.
    "Baseball is a simple game. If you have good players and if you keep them in the right frame of mind then the manager is a success."- Sparky Anderson

If anyone could make me a real signature that would be awesome I am not great with photoshop.

I saw Stan Helsing on netflix recently. Terrible, terrible film.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Me the wifey went to see The Rite this past weekend. It was OK but something just seemed missing about it. Anthony Hopkins gave a good solid performance but the rest of the cast didn't seem all that great. I would wait for it come to Netflix or other rental if you haven't seen it yet.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar

Say "Red" last night. Meh.

Watched "The Informant" for the 2nd time. Great acting by MD, pretty good flick.

I know everyone is throwing out recent stuff and the ones I'm throwning out definitely aren't recent but, anyway, I think the last two movies I saw were '12 Angry Men' and 'The Manchurian Candidate' (the original).

I'm really glad I saw both of them but especially '12 Angry Men'. Excellent stuff.

Caught the second half of The Shawshank Redemption. What a fantastic movie. I was surprised to learn that it got a muted box office response barley covering its expenses. I thought it may have won best film as well as best actor and best supporting actor. Nothing! What a fantastic performance by Tim Robbins and Morgan Freeman.

I also saw "RED" last weekend. I thought it was pretty funny. Not a bad movie. Not great or anything, but a solid "good".

Also saw "The Last Airbender". Not quite as good overall as "RED", still a pretty good movie. Interesting plot.

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

Bought a dvd at Best Buy the other day. It was Superman 1 thru 4 for 9.99. I was always a comic book fan growing up and to this day Superman the Movie is my favorite movie and watched it again last night. John Williams is a master. I only like about 50% of Superman 2. The only good thing about Superman 3 was the class reunion stuff and the Clark/Superman fight. I rented Superman 4 ages ago and have no desire to watch that dreck again(if it wasnt on the reverse side of the dvd I wouldnt have got it at all).

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Caught the second half of The Shawshank Redemption. What a fantastic movie. I was surprised to learn that it got a muted box office response barley covering its expenses. I thought it may have won best film as well as best actor and best supporting actor. Nothing! What a fantastic performance by Tim Robbins and Morgan Freeman.
    I assume AMC? I've seen parts of that for like 4 straight nights now. Still love the movie. Is there a reason they're playing it so much now? I mean 4 (or more) nights in a row seems like overkill, no matter how good the movie is. Is it an anniversary.

Finally got around to seeing The King's Speech. Amazing film. I agree with CE that there should be no question as to the best picture and best actor. This is the easiest decision in quite some time.

I have only one complaint in the film and that's the guy who played Churchill. He turned the guy into a caricature. I kept thinking how this guy thought he was playing Boss Hog (the real one, not the RedsZone one).

What struck me was what an amazing story this was.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Turn Off Ads?