Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 68 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Thread: What was the most recent movie I've watched? (Part 2)

Re: What was the most recent movie I've watched? (Part 2)

^^^
    Yeah, John Wayne movies are always fun.

Also, just watched a Clint Eastwood film last night on AMC, "Heartbreak Ridge"- was very good, although I haven't watched the last hour yet. It was DVRed so the Reds game could be watched.

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

2. Turn Off Ads?

Speaking of westerns, I just watched Tombstone last night and I'd forgotten how good that movie was. Awesome cast, one of the few great modern westerns.

Quote Originally Posted by zjr1717 View Post
    Speaking of westerns, I just watched Tombstone last night and I'd forgotten how good that movie was. Awesome cast, one of the few great modern westerns.
    That's a timeless classic.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    That's a timeless classic.
    Tell me about it, its got 3 of my favorite actors in it (Russell, Elliot, Biehn) and Val Kilmer has a career making performance as Doc. Oh yeah, and its just...awesome. Though maybe not as awesome as Wyatt Earp.

"Oh. Johnny, I apologize; I forgot you were there. You may go now."

ROFL
    Last edited by GaiusBallstar; 07-12-2010 at 08:01 AM.

I'm going to mention this on the Netflix Instant thread too, but my wife and I watched The Trouble With Harry, a 1955 Hitchcock film that is perhaps his quarkiest. It stars John Forsythe and a 21 year old Shirley MacLaine in her debut. It also has Jerry Mathers (Leave it to Beaver) two years before his TV shows started. A small Vermont town deals with the body of a stranger who has died suddenly. Full of great absurdity and subtle humor. Lots of fun.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Big Fan

I cant describe it in depth because you just kinda gotta see it, but I'll just say I liked that movie a lot. Not a lot of rewatch value, but good none the less.

Watched "The Last Temptation of Christ". Excellent.

Willem Dafoe delivers one of the great performances in the history of cinema.

Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar

Caught "The Incredibles" again last night, with my 6.5 yr old son. This one gets a bit weaker as time goes on, but still enjoyable.

GL

Watched "Felon" on Netflix instant, and it was decent. Not spectacular but I love prison movies and I'm a Val Kilmer fan so I was satisfied. Kind of a ridiculous premise but if you can get past that I'd recommend it.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Wild Things 4.

Painfully bad. Some nice..... 'boobage'.... but keep your remote handy for fast-forwarding between the 'good parts.'

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    Wild Things 4.

Painfully bad. Some nice..... 'boobage'.... but keep your remote handy for fast-forwarding between the 'good parts.'
    I haven't seen 4, but 2 was pretty bad, though it had some stellar "boobage" as well.

Quote Originally Posted by zjr1717 View Post
    Tell me about it, its got 3 of my favorite actors in it (Russell, Elliot, Biehn) and Val Kilmer has a career making performance as Doc. Oh yeah, and its just...awesome. Though maybe not as awesome as Wyatt Earp.

"Oh. Johnny, I apologize; I forgot you were there. You may go now."

ROFL
    Johnny was played by Billy Bob Thornton. He got to deliver some classic lines as well:

"You nerve-wrackin' sons of ***. I swear, it's like playin' cards with my brother's kids."
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool View Post
    Johnny was played by Billy Bob Thornton. He got to deliver some classic lines as well:

"You nerve-wrackin' sons of ***. I swear, it's like playin' cards with my brother's kids."
    LOL

That movie has several guys in really minor roles who went on to become fairly well known later.

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    Big Fan

I cant describe it in depth because you just kinda gotta see it, but I'll just say I liked that movie a lot. Not a lot of rewatch value, but good none the less.

Watched that last night. Well done but very disturbing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Watched that last night. Well done but very disturbing.
    That's very true.

Turn Off Ads?