Turn Off Ads?
Page 41 of 68 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast

Thread: What was the most recent movie I've watched? (Part 2)

La Dolce Vita

Re: What was the most recent movie I've watched? (Part 2)

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBaron View Post
    I haven't seen It Happened One Night in a couple of years but it is one of my favorite films, a classic.
    indeed, counselor.

we watched "black swan" last evening. my husband and i both liked it alot.
    teach tolerance.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Watching October Sky on HBO right now. One of my favorites of all time.

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

Watched "The Godfather" on Saturday. Believe it or not, this was the first time I'd ever seen it. It was good, but I think it was overhyped by some people at my work. I was expecting The Best Movie Ever, but got a really good gangster flick.
    2013 Record at games attended: 0-1

I watched most of "Journey to Shiloh" this morning while going through e-mails. It is a 1966 Civil War movie starring James Caan. In a supporting role is a young Harrison Ford. It is hardly a great movie but I have always liked it.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

Went and saw a sneakl preview of "Thor" last night. As a Thor fanboy growing up, I knew that I would like this movie. It didn't dissappoint. I'd rank it alongside the first Iron Man and Batman Begins. Not quite as good as The dark Knight, but better than Iron Man 2.

It really sets the tone for the Avengers movie coming up. A good mix of action & comedy, but with some actual character development and emotion that isn't usual with a comic movie. But with Kenneth Brannagh directing, that may be expected.
    2013 Record at games attended: 0-1

La Dolce Vita

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_the_Red View Post
    Went and saw a sneakl preview of "Thor" last night. As a Thor fanboy growing up, I knew that I would like this movie. It didn't dissappoint. I'd rank it alongside the first Iron Man and Batman Begins. Not quite as good as The dark Knight, but better than Iron Man 2.

It really sets the tone for the Avengers movie coming up. A good mix of action & comedy, but with some actual character development and emotion that isn't usual with a comic movie. But with Kenneth Brannagh directing, that may be expected.
    until i saw a piece about kenneth branagh on cbs' sunday morning, i didn't realize he directed "thor"..i then realized why natalie portman, anthony hopkins, etc. had signed on, and it made me want to see it, even though i'm definitely not a fan of the genre. branagh makes everything he's associated w/ (ref. "wallender") better.
    teach tolerance.

Watched "Secretariat" over the weekend.

Even though I knew how it all turned out (unlike my co-viewing wife and daughter), it was engaging and a well-told tale. A great cast centered around Diane Lane, Margo Martindale, and John Malkovich. A big Roy thumbs-up.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Watched "The Final" this weekend...pretty good movie!

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    Watched "Secretariat" over the weekend.

Even though I knew how it all turned out (unlike my co-viewing wife and daughter), it was engaging and a well-told tale. A great cast centered around Diane Lane, Margo Martindale, and John Malkovich. A big Roy thumbs-up.
    I enjoyed the movie enough to go read the book, which promptly made me dislike the movie as it was pretty much total fiction. But the movie was well done otherwise and my friend was in it to boot.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

saw thor last nite--pretty good flick---i dont care for the 3D stuff though--seems to be more of a bother and for me it never seems to add anything

The Grapes of Wrath. 5 out of 5

Saw Kick Ass on netflix last night. Nothing special, dragged on a bit, but ok if you're looking to kill some time mindlessly.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

I spent the last hour and 40 minutes of Kick-Ass distracted by the urgent need for their to please be some kind of deleted/unrated/extended classroom fantasy scene.

Thor

Awesome
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Quote Originally Posted by RFS62 View Post
    Thor

Awesome
    Totally agree...
    seen it twice so far - but really want to see it in 2D. Not all the scenes were shot in 3D and when I took off the glasses everything was much brighter. Also, stay for an after credits "preview" if you can - it's short but sweet.

BTW, I believe I saw another RZer at the 4pm Saturday IMAX showing at the Levee - if it was him, maybe he'll give his review as well.
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Turn Off Ads?