Turn Off Ads?
Page 57 of 68 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167 ... LastLast

Thread: What was the most recent movie I've watched? (Part 2)

La Dolce Vita

Re: What was the most recent movie I've watched? (Part 2)

Quote Originally Posted by tixe View Post
    I fully expect those two to play together as a double feature. Kind of like Hall Pass and The King's Speech did.

funny fellow.

odd couplings and strange bedfellows abound...
    teach tolerance.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Rochelle Rochelle

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

I got to see an advance screening of Reel Steel tonight, the movie with Hugh Jackman, and I'm actually a little surprised by how much I loved it. I'm not a huge fan of the whole boxing robot thing but the movie has just enough of that for the guys to love it and just enough heart for women to like it too. The kid is SO well cast in this movie and he and Hugh at times are a total hoot. Some of the reviews have said that you want to stand up and cheer at times and our whole audience actually was hooting and cheering along with the movie! Really great movie and I think most of you guys will like it too. As a female with eyes , I definitely loved staring at Hugh for 2+ hours but dang it if that robot didn't steal my heart at times too! Two thumbs up from me.

BTW-Going to see Moneyball this weekend with a friend and hoping it's as good as I've been hearing the last few weeks. Getting to stare at Brad Pitt for 2+ hours isn't a bad thing though if the movie isn't great, LOL
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Livecast of the 25th anniversary of Phantom of The Opera from the Royal Albert in London. Amazing. Simply amazing. After seeing the movie version, I've wanted to see a good company production of Phantom, and this really didn't disappoint.

The only thing that was even remotely disappointing about it was that during the tribute to the original cast and crew at the end, Sarah Brightman sang, but Michael Crawford didn't.
    Last edited by foxfire123; 10-06-2011 at 11:06 PM.

La Dolce Vita

the tillman story...excellent documentary! pat tillman's folks, especially his mom, would not stop searching out the truth concerning his death..thumbs up.
    teach tolerance.

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

Had a chance to see a rough cut of "Blue Like Jazz" this week. Even with it being a rough cut in need of some clean-up, the film was phenomenal. The director was on hand and said it should be released in April. Do yourself a favor and check it out when it is released.
    2013 Record at games attended: 0-1

Watched Everything Must Go the other night... was expecting it to be funny... there were a couple funny moments, but really it was a sad/depressing movie. Wasn't a bad movie though IMO. I'd give it like a 6/10

I'm gonna throw this back out there... Drive is amazing. It's gonna leave theaters soon, and anyone with the opportunity should seek it out and go see it...

Ides of March. Miami University/the entire city of Cincinnati looks great in it...

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    I'm gonna throw this back out there... Drive is amazing. It's gonna leave theaters soon, and anyone with the opportunity should seek it out and go see it...
    Agreed. I have seen it twice. Loved every minute of it.

Thought Ides of March was fantastic.

Ides of March. Miami University/the entire city of Cincinnati looks great in it...
    I thought they filmed part of it at Xavier.
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Yes
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC1212 View Post
    I thought they filmed part of it at Xavier.
    The first scene is in Oxford, but yeah, there is a large amount of Xavier as well. It's entirely an Ohio/Cincinnati-set film...

The first scene is in Oxford, but yeah, there is a large amount of Xavier as well. It's entirely an Ohio/Cincinnati-set film...
    Thanks for the info. I'm hoping to see this movie sometime soon. I've heard good things about it from a lot of people.

Turn Off Ads?