Turn Off Ads?
Page 61 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1151575859606162636465 ... LastLast

Thread: What was the most recent movie I've watched? (Part 2)

La Dolce Vita

Re: What was the most recent movie I've watched? (Part 2)

Quote Originally Posted by RFS62 View Post

Also saw J. Edgar.

Another meh, hoped for much more.

ooh, sorry to hear that...my taste tends to run along with yours..i know the reviews have been good, and i was hoping for an out of the parker from clint.
    teach tolerance.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by RFS62 View Post
    I loved both of those films. Although I know many people who didn't care for Kings Speech, No Country or There will be Blood when I loved them all.
    That is what is strange about it. I absoultely loved There Will Be Blood and I tend to like "that" type of movie, including everything else the Coens have ever done. For some reason No Country For Old Men left me unimpressed. Maybe I owe it another screening.

Has Sandler just basically gone into a realm of...NO matter what I make, my fans and kids will come and watch my movies?

I thought it was an SNL skit when they showed the previews for his new movie. How does this guy get allowed to make movies? It reminds me of that South Park episode were they were making fun of Rob Schnider movies.

I think this guy needs a long hiatus. And DeNiro being in that new movie "New Year's Eve" Really Bobby? It's like Jagger duetting with Justin Bieber here.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    Has Sandler just basically gone into a realm of...NO matter what I make, my fans and kids will come and watch my movies?

I thought it was an SNL skit when they showed the previews for his new movie. How does this guy get allowed to make movies? It reminds me of that South Park episode were they were making fun of Rob Schnider movies.

I think this guy needs a long hiatus. And DeNiro being in that new movie "New Year's Eve" Really Bobby? It's like Jagger duetting with Justin Bieber here.
    How is he allowed to make movies? Owning your own production company helps. Oh and cash. His movies make a crap load of cash. Sure they suck but that's not really the point.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    How is he allowed to make movies? Owning your own production company helps. Oh and cash. His movies make a crap load of cash. Sure they suck but that's not really the point.
    Well I was being facetious when I wrote it.... but i understand that is mainly what matters.

Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by reds1869 View Post
    That is what is strange about it. I absoultely loved There Will Be Blood and I tend to like "that" type of movie, including everything else the Coens have ever done. For some reason No Country For Old Men left me unimpressed. Maybe I owe it another screening.
    I thouroughly enjoyed No Country For Old Men and was bored stiff with There Will Be Blood.

I wonder how much expectations, moods, timing, actors, etc. have to play in our opinion of those two?

GL

/different strokes

There Will Be Blood is great because of Lewis's performance, the beautiful cinematography, and the nearly perfect score.

No Country for Old Men is a really well made thriller with the bad assiest villain of the past decade. It's more my cup of tea, but I like both films dearly...

I love No Country For Old Men. Fantastic thriller.

I despised There Will Be Blood. Great acting, but I hated the story and was left waiting for something that never happened. It just didn't click with me. I actually left the theater mad because I couldn't believe I wasted my time watching this movie.

I liked King's Speech. It was definitely better than average, but not great. The acting was very good, but the story was overly simple if you ask me. I was expecting a deeper story line.

I appreciate great acting, but the story still has to be good for the movie to be great. Great acting doesn't necessarily equal a great movie in my book.
    Last edited by Redhook; 11-23-2011 at 07:40 AM.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Quote Originally Posted by Redhook View Post
    I liked King's Speech. It was definitely better than average, but not great. The acting was very good, but the story was overly simple if you ask me. I was expecting a deeper story line.

I appreciate great acting, but the story still has to be good for the movie to be great. Great acting doesn't necessarily equal a great movie in my book.
    Well said. The acting in the Kings Speech was very good but I think the storyline was kinda blah. There wasn't really an emotional climax, no twists or turns, pretty much straight forward.

I loved "There Will Be Blood". The plot portion is a little boring but the performance and development of the character is amazing.

I hated No Country. I think it is one of the worst most over hyped movies I have ever seen.

King's Speech was fine although I dont' think it should have won Best Picture.

I absolutly cannot wait until the Muppets comes out this week.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Well said. The acting in the Kings Speech was very good but I think the storyline was kinda blah. There wasn't really an emotional climax, no twists or turns, pretty much straight forward.
    I dunno, the part when he gave the speech at the end was very emotional, at least to this viewer...

I saw the Muppets last night...Can I have that 1.5 hours of my life back?....I think I might have chuckled 3 times... I never knew it would be possible to make a Muppet movie with 0 humor in it...And be prepared for 1 unmemorable song every 5 minutes....I have no idea how this is getting the great reviews it is getting!

Has anyone seen Abrams/Speilberg's Super 8? Thinking about renting it.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

La Dolce Vita

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    Has anyone seen Abrams/Speilberg's Super 8? Thinking about renting it.

funny you should mention it , we just watched it thanksgiving night. decent enough, worth a rent. jj abrams homage to exec prod. steven spielberg's better "et". young elle fanning stands out.

watched wonderful romantic "moonstruck" for umpteenth time over the years last night..cher and olympia dukakis definitely deserved their oscars. back when nicolas cage still made good movies....also dean martin's iconic "that's amore" and grandfather and his 5 dogs, "andiamo".
    Last edited by Sweetstop; 11-26-2011 at 08:37 AM.
    teach tolerance.

Turn Off Ads?