Turn Off Ads?
Page 62 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1252585960616263646566 ... LastLast

Thread: What was the most recent movie I've watched? (Part 2)

Re: What was the most recent movie I've watched? (Part 2)

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I absolutly cannot wait until the Muppets comes out this week.
    You do realize those are puppets right?
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    You do realize those are puppets right?
    racist.

I watched "The Tree of Life" this weekend with Brad Pitt and Sean Penn. I pretty much hated it. It seemed like a glorified film school project.

I finally got around to watching "The Social Network" the other night. I can't say I loved it.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

La Dolce Vita

"h.m. deserter"...80's polish farcical comedy taking place during w.w. i, which is directed by janusz majewski, who happens to be my husband's cousin. bit long, but, actually, pretty decent movie.
    teach tolerance.

Finally saw The Muppets. Just one word: Fantastic.

Saw "Crazy Heart" this past weekend. Kinda meh movie to me. The music was good, the acting was decent, but I thought the romantic plot was fabricated. I also thought it was funny to see Colin Ferrell as a country music guy.

Finally saw the "True Grit" remake. I thought Jeff Bridges sounded a little too much like Carl from "Sling Blade," but other than that, I thought it was very good.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

I got to see "War Horse" and "Carnage" this weekend.

"War Horse" I thought was just ok. It spends a lot of time trying to build up the story and it never really pays off.

"Carnage" is based off the play and it definately should have stayed as a play. It has a really good cast and is well acted, but I didn't think it worked as a movie.

La Dolce Vita

recently watched..

"crazy stupid love", which i enjoyed more than i thought i would

"the help", which is about as good a movie as it is a book...acting kudos to viola davis, octavia spencer, sissy spacek and jessica chastain

"beginners" lovely mike mills indy pic with ewan mcgregor and christopher plummer

"friends with benefits" justin, mila, patricia clarkson and richard jenkins made me smile.

"cast away", which i've been wanting to rewatch since seeing "bridesmaids"
    teach tolerance.

Watched "White Christmas" on AMC last night.

Very lush movie with great scenes, Edith Head costumes, and dance numbers. Eye candy filmed in great color and Vistvision. But an odd un-Christmas story and frankly, the Irving Berlin songs were kinda blah and overall it dragged.

But Bing Crosby and Danny Kaye give it their all, Rosemary Clooney is gorgeous both in voice and appearance, and Vera Ellen is impossibly thin and dances her skinny butt off.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

La Dolce Vita

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post

Very lush movie with great scenes, Edith Head costumes, and dance numbers. Eye candy filmed in great color and Vistvision. But an odd un-Christmas story and frankly, the Irving Berlin songs were kinda blah and overall it dragged.

But Bing Crosby and Danny Kaye give it their all, Rosemary Clooney is gorgeous both in voice and appearance, and Vera Ellen is impossibly thin and dances her skinny butt off.
    saw this on big screen a few years ago..

have you seen "holiday inn" w/ crosby and fred astaire, on which "white christmas" is loosely based (and also features berlin's famous song)? i've seen "white christmas" many times, and it's my sentimental favorite, but "holiday inn" is a better movie, i'd say.
    teach tolerance.

My family watches Holiday Inn every Thanksgiving. I used to love the old musicals and that was one of my favorites. Some great song and dance numbers in that one. It's definitely the better of the two, IMO.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post

This is not only my favorite Christmas movie, but in my top ten as well. Anything with Bing, or Kaye is fantastic. Danny Kaye is in a movie called "Court Jester." Kaye co stars with Angela Lansburry. It is one of my favorites.

Watched the last two Shrek movies while subbing in a special ed classroom yesterday. I hadn't seen them because Shrek II put me to sleep, but they weren't bad, particularly the last one. Saw The Grapes of Wrath for the first time last week and was very impressed. Maybe the best John Ford movie I've ever seen (and his signature was all over the camera work.) This one might find a place in my all-time top ten.

Turn Off Ads?