Turn Off Ads?
Page 67 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1757636465666768 LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1016

Thread: What was the most recent movie I've watched? (Part 2)

Re: What was the most recent movie I've watched? (Part 2)

I watched "Super 8" last night. Pretty good movie.

It was pretty thin on the sci-fi side of things, but a nice coming-of-age tale. The action rises with much conflict with parents, but then the kids grow up and know better than their folks and figure things out. Echoes of "E.T." and 50's sci-fi movies. The young actors were excellent and a great train wreck scene.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    I watched "Super 8" last night. Pretty good movie.

It was pretty thin on the sci-fi side of things, but a nice coming-of-age tale. The action rises with much conflict with parents, but then the kids grow up and know better than their folks and figure things out. Echoes of "E.T." and 50's sci-fi movies. The young actors were excellent and a great train wreck scene.
    Just a side note Roy.... but your avatar of that pig... My dog absolutely loses his mind with hatred when that commercial comes on. He HATES that thing with a passion.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Just a side note Roy.... but your avatar of that pig... My dog absolutely loses his mind with hatred when that commercial comes on. He HATES that thing with a passion.
    That's funny. My current dog doesn't watch tv, but my last dog would've eaten the tv to get to that pig.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Redhook View Post
    That's funny. My current dog doesn't watch tv, but my last dog would've eaten the tv to get to that pig.
    I have a projector that projects onto the wall. My dog is a pug, so he isn't too big by any stretch of the imagination.... but he can get to the part of the wall where the screen is. I have to keep my remote near me at all times because he attacks that thing as soon as he realizes its there, which is almost immediately with that shrieking that starts when the commercial does.

He also hates "loading bars" on things like computers or video games. And babies crying. Can't stand that. He is awesome aside from those crazy things.

Just watched Rise of the Planet of the Apes...it was ok if you can swallow the constant barrage of semi-decent CGI.

Just watched Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close. It is a very heavy movie that belongs to the kid, but it is fantastic.

La Dolce Vita

"goodbye, again" very nice 1961 film set in paris starring ingrid bergman, yves montand and a wonderfully charming, young anthony perkins.

"cowboys & aliens" eek..

"50/50" on the way...can't wait.
    teach tolerance.

Sherlock Holmes 2. It was OK, certainly not great, not really rememberable either.

Way too much stop action motion

Even more action than the 1st one, not nearly enough intrigue/mystery for my taste.

I watched two over the weekend.

Moneyball and Unforgiven

Moneyball was ok, I found myself thinking it was too long, and that it was a disappointment.

Unforgiven, how have I not watched that one? Awesome
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    Unforgiven, how have I not watched that one? Awesome
    I watch this at least once a year, one of my alltime favorites.

GL

I really enjoyed Warrior. I'm not a huge MMA fan and was pleasantly surprised at how much I liked the movie. I kind of had a feeling that it was going to be good because Hardy usually does good stuff, but still was better than I thought.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Just finished watching The Pacific again. Episode 9 just leaves me spent. I don't think I've ever watched something more impactful.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    I really enjoyed Warrior. I'm not a huge MMA fan and was pleasantly surprised at how much I liked the movie. I kind of had a feeling that it was going to be good because Hardy usually does good stuff, but still was better than I thought.
    It had so many cliches and the story seemed so unbelievable that it kept me from truly loving it, but I have to admit I found myself shouting at the screen during the last scene...

La Dolce Vita

"50/50" is a lovely, poignant, plus funny film, that feels totally authentic.
    teach tolerance.

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    Just finished watching The Pacific again. Episode 9 just leaves me spent. I don't think I've ever watched something more impactful.
    For some reason the one that always sticks in my head is the episode where they are stationed in Australia. There is no fighting but I always thought it showed a real aspect of War. I need to go back and watch it because it was a fantastic miniseries.

Turn Off Ads?