Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cincinnati Bengals RB Cedric Benson arrested for alleged assault

Cincinnati Bengals RB Cedric Benson arrested for alleged assault

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...eged-assault/1

Cincinnati Bengals RB Cedric Benson was arrested and accused of an assault in connection with a May 30 incident at an Austin, Texas, bar
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

Re: Cincinnati Bengals RB Cedric Benson arrested for alleged assault

Just about the only way this would shock me is if it said "QB Carson Palmer" in the headline instead of RB Cedric Benson, or just about any other Bengal.

*sigh* Hopefully more details will emerge and clear Ced. If not, Bernard Scott just jumped up a lot of fantasy draft boards.

can you say ... suspension

ruh roh shaggy

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

I think ill wait for more details on this one.

He apparently spit blood from his lip on someone. I'm guessing he didnt bloody his own lip. Something fishy about this story.

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post

He apparently spit blood from his lip on someone. I'm guessing he didnt bloody his own lip. Something fishy about this story.
    No need to wait for silly little details. Clearly people with good character don't get arrested, and he got arrested so he is clearly guilty of being a poor character and poor role model for my non-existent children and should be cut immediately because otherwise Mike Brown doesn't care about anything other than lining his own pockets and I knew the Bengals signing PacMan Jones and Matt Jones would come back to bite them.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post

I agree. I mean it's still not the story you want to hear, but something doesn't add up. Also I thought that I had read/seen a story since that time that the Bengals were exploring and extention. I'm sure the Bengals knew about this and wouldn't be looking to throw more money at him if this were the case.

I agree. I mean it's still not the story you want to hear, but something doesn't add up. Also I thought that I had read/seen a story since that time that the Bengals were exploring and extention. I'm sure the Bengals knew about this and wouldn't be looking to throw more money at him if this were the case.
    Yea, I just think there is a whole lot of story missing here.
    Last edited by GIDP; 06-29-2010 at 01:25 PM.

Not Laughing

Quick, sign Brian Westbrook!
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.
    ~Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by flyer85 View Post
    can you say ... suspension
    If Ben gets what will amount to 4 games for what he did Ced shouldn't get much for throwing a punch

Benson has said he posed for a photo with a group of girls. Then was punched, and the fight insued. He also said he called the cops first.

Who knows but the details are trickling in. We could have a story of someone didnt like him hitting on his girlfriend, got into a fight with Ced. Thats what it sounds like to me. Now lets just see if it comes up.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    If Ben gets what will amount to 4 games for what he did Ced shouldn't get much for throwing a punch
    What exactly did Ben do? He wasn't charged with anything. Ben was charged and arrested for assault. You might want to look at it another way...if Ben gets 4 games for being charged with nothing, Ced could be looking at more for being charged and arrested.

The incident happened at 1:50 a.m.

Nothing but trouble happens at that time in the morning.

You put yourself in compromising positions, you get compromised.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Ben should be thrown out of the league forever.

It's a joke the way the NFL deals with anything related Pittsburgh.

Quote Originally Posted by Oxilon View Post
    What exactly did Ben do? He wasn't charged with anything. Ben was charged and arrested for assault. You might want to look at it another way...if Ben gets 4 games for being charged with nothing, Ced could be looking at more for being charged and arrested.
    From a prosecution standpoint you're correct Oxilon and that's why the suspension wasn't longer. However Roger Goodell was able to see the evidence against Ben, and I think from the prosecutor's point of view as well as from Goodell's there's a large gap between "didn't do anything" and "didn't do enough to clearly be prosecuted."

The fact of the matter is Benson's arrests(and everything has been dropped to this point) had nothing to do with what allegedly happened last night. Rothelisberger's two incidents while not arrests are far more serious in nature and are essentially the same allegation.
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Turn Off Ads?