Cairo (3B)
    Heisey (CF)
    Hernandez
    Leake

per the Sun Deck

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Senor Votto

Re: 6-29-10 Phillies at Reds

Personally I would have liked to seen Janish in at shortstop today and Heisey in Left Field. Leake could use the best defense possible. Give Rolen a day off against the Mets.

High five!

You voted for Atwood too!

Senor Votto

Quote Originally Posted by nate View Post
    You voted for Atwood too!

My campaign was a success

Cairo is higher up in the order then Heisey and Hernandez...why?
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Designated Threadkiller LincolnparkRed's Avatar

He is not 2nd or 3rd so in my book it is a win already

Am probably going tonight (meaning no GT participation) and really like seeing Rolen play. Is there a reason he's resting tonight instead of the day game tomorrow, which is when he usually rests, or is it just Dusty's... un-intelligence. [/RANT]

Sorry,

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfan320 View Post
    , or is it just Dusty's... un-intelligence. [/RANT]
    not cool, dude.

^^^

Don't get me wrong, man, Dusty's done some GREAT things for this club this season, I'm just irritated SR's not in the line-up tonight, that's all.

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

I think Dusty would rather rest Rolen against Blanton tonight than rest him against a tough pitcher like Halladay tomorrow. Maybe he feels like the guys have a better shot at winning tonight without Rolen than they do tomorrow night? I can't argue with that logic if that's where he's coming from because tomorrow's game could be brutal. I think we'll need everyone playing tomorrow if we want any chance to win that game.
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Are they playing a bunch of day games in Chicago? perhaps a night off, followed by a string of day games? Perhaps Cairo hits Blanton well? Perhaps Rolen has hit Holliday well (I don't know if they would have matched up though). Perhaps Dusty made a gentleman's agreement w/ Philly: "you're two men down, we'll rest 2 starters"???? At least Cairo has been playing well. Hopefully Rolen is alright, just a normal day off.

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC1212 View Post
    I think Dusty would rather rest Rolen against Blanton tonight than rest him against a tough pitcher like Halladay tomorrow. Maybe he feels like the guys have a better shot at winning tonight without Rolen than they do tomorrow night? I can't argue with that logic if that's where he's coming from because tomorrow's game could be brutal. I think we'll need everyone playing tomorrow if we want any chance to win that game.
    Corky will probably be in tomorrow, since it is a day game. Rolen rests today, plays tomorrow.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Okay, I like that Dusty moved Brandon to the leadoff slot. He seems to be the best fit the way our club is currently configured. But when, oh when, is he going to give Cabrera some much needed time on the freaking bench?

21 for his last 117 (.179 ba)
    9 doubles, 0 HR's, 0 triples, 6 walks, 14 strikeouts

Is there anybody here who doesn't think Paul Janish can put up AT LEAST those numbers? So even if Paul struggled to the tune of a .179 ba, he'd STILL be an improvement due to his glove work. Time to make the switch Dusty. Past time.

Hey, it worked yesterday. :O)

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post

Hey, it worked yesterday. :O)
    Cabrera had three hits last night and made some outstanding plays. Don't see why Dusty would sit him down tonight.

Ignore this post, I now get the idea.

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Cabrera had three hits last night and made some outstanding plays. Don't see why Dusty would sit him down tonight.
    I copy and pasted that post from yesterday's game thread. It seems my rant produced solid results from OCab. It's worth a shot. *grin*

Turn Off Ads?