Turn Off Ads?
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516 LastLast

Thread: 6-29-10 Phillies at Reds

Re: 6-29-10 Phillies at Reds

That's about the third time in a week Stubbs has dropped a catchable ball on the warning track. That said, 90% of CFs aren't there to catch it in the first place.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Rhodes throwing a ball in the zone 0-2 wasn't exactly a great idea either.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Now 8-6 as Valdez singles in a run.

Quote Originally Posted by dsmith421 View Post
    That's about the third time in a week Stubbs has dropped a catchable ball on the warning track. That said, 90% of CFs aren't there to catch it in the first place.
    He's overrated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Still no outs. Ugh.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

The walls come crumblin down... The walls....
    You think you got what it takes to play a real fantasy game? Join me at Jockstocks. You can play Baseball, Basketball, Football, Golf, Nascar and even Hockey!

Jockstocks Homepage

Do you have your shirt on? - Adam Dunn to Marty on the Bananna Phone.

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

Drew Stubbs is the worst so-called "great" defender that I have ever seen. He is a really fast CF who is good not great with the glove.

Stubbs gets to a ton of baseballs that most do not. Rhodes was bound to have a night like this. It happens but still a tough game after the Votto shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz Dorsey View Post
    Drew Stubbs is the worst so-called "great" defender that I have ever seen. He is a really fast CF who is good not great with the glove.
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz Dorsey View Post
    His problem is the catching balls on/near the wall.....
    You think you got what it takes to play a real fantasy game? Join me at Jockstocks. You can play Baseball, Basketball, Football, Golf, Nascar and even Hockey!

Jockstocks Homepage

Do you have your shirt on? - Adam Dunn to Marty on the Bananna Phone.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsMan3203 View Post
    His problem is the catching balls on/near the wall.....
    And mental lapses.

And pretty much everything other than being fast.

Quote Originally Posted by kbrake View Post
    Stubbs gets to a ton of baseballs that most do not. Rhodes was bound to have a night like this. It happens but still a tough game after the Votto shot.
    True, and that's why I say he's "good" defensively. But when people ask questions like "Is he the best defensive CF in MLB" I have to laugh. Franklin Gutierrez is much better. (And I'm sure there are others, but that is one I know for sure.)

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

I lam so amused how up and down this board gets during games. First someone's great, then he sucks, then he's great again, then he sucks, then he should be fired, then he should be given a huge extention. Welcome to baseball where NO ONE is perfect all the time. Bad things happened when I popped into this thread so I'm out of here now.
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

What hurt Stubbs on that play is right at the end he left his feet and it threw the timing off. If he just stays on his feet he might have held on.

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC1212 View Post
    I lam so amused how up and down this board gets during games. First someone's great, then he sucks, then he's great again, then he sucks, then he should be fired, then he should be given a huge extention. Welcome to baseball where NO ONE is perfect all the time. Bad things happened when I popped into this thread so I'm out of here now.
    I know you were making a general statement and not directed at anyone in particular, but I will say I'm pretty consistent on Stubbs. He gets free pass after free pass from Dusty IMO. Heisey would be my starting CF no questions asked. You know, based on little things like "performance in games."

Turn Off Ads?