Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: 6-29-10 Phillies at Reds

Stat Wanker Hodiernus RedsManRick's Avatar

Re: 6-29-10 Phillies at Reds

Quote Originally Posted by redsfaninbsg View Post
    I bet Lance Nix feels like crap. What type of message does that send to him?
    No kidding. He got totally Janished. (i.e. A bench player who isn't used in the exact situation he's on the team for)
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hook View Post
    PH Rolen then leave him in for later in the game.
    So you give him 6 innings off and then have him play the last 3? Not much of an off day.

Not to mention the fact Leake is hitting almost .400.
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Let's face it, you mis-hit the bun with the mustard squirter, no one will really care.

It's painful to watch DRH pitch.
    Let's face it, you mis-hit the bun with the mustard squirter, no one will really care.

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

What's the bench today?
    Stubbs, Rolen, Janish and Nix?
    Any one of them, I guess.

Oh..and Corky.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

He walks Castro on 4 pitches.

Danny Ray can only be effective if he's locating. Walks and mistakes are death for him. This could get ugly. 9-3 anybody?
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Posting from Southwest VA redsfaninbsg's Avatar

Now to compound the problem he's leaving DRH in after two walks. You just got back into the game, you made one mistake, don't keep lying to yourself and blow it up even more.
    This is the ol Left Hander rounding third and heading for home.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfaninbsg View Post
    I bet Lance Nix feels like crap. What type of message does that send to him?
    That he better start hitting.

I know the message it sends to me. The Reds are getting ready to dump Nix. RHP on mound and Nix wasn't even the 3rd option.

Herrera ain't long for this team either. He's toast when Chapman arrives. They aren't carrying 4 LH relief pitchers.
    Get your nunchucks and the keys to your dad's car. I know where we can get a gun

Quote Originally Posted by pedro View Post
    That he better start hitting.

I know the message it sends to me. The Reds are getting ready to dump Nix. RHP on mound and Nix wasn't even the 3rd option.

Herrera ain't long for this team either. He's toast when Chapman arrives. They aren't carrying 4 LH relief pitchers.
    Herrera is toast when Wood comes up.

Price and Hernandez look like they're giving Herrera the "Would you like to go back to Louisville?" speech.

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    He walks Castro on 4 pitches.
    Automatic Demotion.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    So you give him 6 innings off and then have him play the last 3? Not much of an off day.

Not to mention the fact Leake is hitting almost .400.
    Games that the Reds are trailing in the late innings that Rolen has off should be games where Rolen plays the last 2 or 3 imo.

Rollins just missed that thing.

Pity cheer on strike 1.

Disaster averted.

Turn Off Ads?