Turn Off Ads?
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: 6-29-10 Phillies at Reds

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    Herrera is toast when Wood comes up.
    Maybe.

Btw, Nix probably was the third option but still not good for me.
    School's out. What did you expect?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 6-29-10 Phillies at Reds

Quote Originally Posted by pedro View Post
    Maybe.

Btw, Nix probably was the third option but still not good for me.
    Nix is usless other than randomly running into a homer once in awhile.

I'd honestly rather have Matthews.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

High five!

I think the CUFTNU helped Dr. H there.

And CB Bucknor gives Herrera a makeup call for Strike 1 vs. Rollins. I don't think there's a less consistent ump behind the plate in baseball.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Nix is usless other than randomly running into a homer once in awhile.

I'd honestly rather have Matthews.
    Curses on you for even suggesting the idea... I'd rather Luis Terrero!
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Oh Nix has cool AB songs too.

/Flashback to last nights game thread.
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Poor call by Bucknor. He's just horrid behind the plate. I'm pretty sure a high school umpire would be just as serviceable.

The worst call is Baker's decision to have Leake bat then bring in someone else to pitch. I still cannot fathom that decision.

Man, Phillips has been awesome ever since he started making good contact instead of trying to crush everything. Moving out of cleanup might be one of the best things that could have possibly happened to him.

Wow. OC is slower than Sean Casey.

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

I was thinking "anything but a DP"...darn.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

Wow. OC is slower than Sean Casey.
    Yup. But he's a SS so he needs to hit 1 or 2. Seriously, Dusty needs to give Cabrera some time off. He's useless (or worse) like this.

High five!

Quote Originally Posted by RedsManRick View Post
    Man, Phillips has been awesome ever since he started making good contact instead of trying to crush everything. Moving out of cleanup might be one of the best things that could have possibly happened to him.
    So, Rick, you're saying him getting more hits has led to him hitting better?

Gomes grounds out on ball 4.

And then Jay pops out on the first pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by nate View Post
    So, Rick, you're saying him getting more hits has led to him hitting better?

I'm not sure I'd go THAT far.

Turn Off Ads?