Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Article on Felix Perez

Article on Felix Perez

Cuban Perez fitting in with Hillcats
    By Chris Lang

Sunday, Perez showed the sort of hustle that piqued the Reds’ interest. Perez doubled in his first two at-bats, and both times he ran hard to stretch singles into extra-base hits. He stole a base and drove in a run. Plugged into the No. 3 spot in Lynchburg’s lineup, Perez immediately produced.

“I like to play aggressive and attack,” Perez said through Soto. “I want the fans to feel good watching the game.”

Perez played well in the DSL, hitting .429 in 16 games with a home run and 14 RBIs. At 6-foot-2, 190 pounds, Perez has a solid blend of speed and gap power. And the Hillcats have been playing with just two true outfielders for some time, so his defensive skills in center field are a major plus.

“He seems to get good jumps and read the ball of the bat very well,” Hillcats manager Pat Kelly said. “He runs a little bit better than you think because he kind of glides. (The Reds) were pleased with the way he played defensively.
    Full article:
    http://www2.newsadvance.com/lna/spor...illcats/28162/

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Article on Felix Perez

So given that he's 24, what does his timetable look like?
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedsManRick View Post
    I figure he will probably reach AA at some point this year and find himself in AAA to start next year.

I believe he's 25, actually. He'll turn 26 in November.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    I figure he will probably reach AA at some point this year and find himself in AAA to start next year.
    Agree. Question is- who plays CF in Louisville next year, Perez or Sappelt? Any word on who is better defensively?
    Go BLUE!!!

Oh gosh, he's aggressive?

Redszone isn't gonna like him...
    Domo Arigato, Here Comes Joey Votto

---TRF

"I do what I want to do and say what I want to say."

--Bronson Arroyo

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    I believe he's 25, actually. He'll turn 26 in November.
    He turns 26 on 11/14

Is Sean Henry just a corner OF?
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Is Sean Henry just a corner OF?
    He can cover CF, but he isn't a guy you are going to play there with Stubbs, Sappelt or Perez.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    He can cover CF, but he isn't a guy you are going to play there with Stubbs, Sappelt or Perez.
    He sounds a lot like the next Chris Heisey.

Turn Off Ads?