Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What a Great Win Today

What a Great Win Today

Love seeing Bruce come through clutch vs. a pitcher like Halladay, we havent seen Bruce do anything in these situations so far.

Great 2 out of 3 from the Phils, with a little better luck last night couldve swept but we'll take it...especially in game 3 vs Halladay. 8 inn and 13 hits!! he had a lot of k's but we were hitting the ball...minus Stubbs from the lineup and you could say we kind of rocked him

going to be cool to see what Wood can do vs the Cubbies tomorrow.

go Reds.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Hygiene Beyond Reproach ThatPitchIsDunn's Avatar

Re: What a Great Win Today

Anybody else catch MLB Tonight after the game? They had Larry King on for an interview and when Barry went to ask him a question, he said "Barry you're one of my heroes. You should be in the Hall of Fame!"

That ruled. And Larry is way right.
    No one expects the butterfly

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Probably a top 5 win of the season so far.
    "I can't take this homerism anymore." - 10xWSChamps, August 11, 2010. A Cardinals fan having a problem with all the homerism on Redszone. Classic.

"Man do I miss the days where were didn't need a calculator and an encyclopedia of baseball metrics to enjoy a baseball game ... - MikeS21" - 8/2/12 game thread

I missed listening to the game today and caught the result on here and the Reds website. It was a great win.

You have to give Harang credit too. It helps that there was no Utley, and even Polanco in the Phillies lineup. But he still had Victorino, Werth, Rollins, and Ryan Howard to deal with. It was kind of silly he gave up a home run to Dane Sardinha, who we know can't hit, but it was also kind of silly Leake gave up home runs to Schneider and Valdez last night. It happens. But 6.3 innings of 3 run baseball pitched by Harang against that team, I will more than happily take. It was great to see Arthur come back and pitch a perfect inning with a couple of strikeouts and get the win after seeing his streak end last night. And of course Votto's streak still continues thanks to a homer off Halladay. Like most other people, I was fully expecting to lose today, even before last night's game. It would be great if Arizona could manage to eke one game out against the Cards and put us back in first, but a 4-2 home stand with 2 wins against the Phillies is something I'm definitely satisfied with.

Reds finish the month with a 14-13 record. Very unswoonlike.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatPitchIsDunn View Post
    Anybody else catch MLB Tonight after the game? They had Larry King on for an interview and when Barry went to ask him a question, he said "Barry you're one of my heroes. You should be in the Hall of Fame!"
    What I liked is how they started talking about Roy Halliday being 9-7 and how it's affecting his All-Star stock... until Larkin pipes in with "how can you talk about Halliday when he just got the Cincinnati Reds? Especially with me sitting right here."

Show us the love, Barry.
    That Joey Votto is some kind of Man Candy!

"For them to boo me like that, it lets me know they dream about me at night. -- Brandon Phillips on Cards fans.

The Smiling Side AintlifeGrande's Avatar

Big confidence boost for the club,and going to Chicago firing on all cylanders.

Very BIG win today! Harang did good, he always seems to be just one bad pitch (HR to Sardinha) away from a great start.

Bruce coming through in the clutch was huge too. Also, nice to see Sir Arthur bounce back after the bad outing last night.
    "I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road." Stephen Hawking

We just beat a great team on the rise....the defending World Champions. I think we'll be facing them in the playoffs.

Big time win today for the Reds, no question about it. Coming back from a 3-0 deficit against Roy Halladay. This was a statement victory and what a way to keep the pressure on the Cardinals.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    We just beat a great team on the rise....the defending World Champions. I think we'll be facing them in the playoffs.
    Wow, I didn't know we beat the Yankees too!

Plan to be spontaneous Jefferson24's Avatar

good send off for the upcoming road trip
    We only live in patches. - H. G. Wells

Quote Originally Posted by Redeye fly View Post
    Wow, I didn't know we beat the Yankees too!
    I thought the Phillies won the World Series.

If the REDS aren't in it, I don't watch it.

The Smiling Side AintlifeGrande's Avatar

Playoffs?Playoffs?Just now heading into July,don't want to buy those playoff tickets just yet.We stick around going into August then I will start getting hype.

Considering the bad stretch mid month, it is great to be in first place today.

Turn Off Ads?