Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Keith Law's Updated Top 25 Prospect Rankings

Keith Law's Updated Top 25 Prospect Rankings

Where is Chapman?

Can anyone post the rankings (without the text because it's Insider)?
    Go BLUE!!!

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Designated Threadkiller LincolnparkRed's Avatar

Re: Keith Law's Updated Top 25 Prospect Rankings

I will give you the only Red on the list.

7. Aroldis Chapman, RHP, Cincinnati. He's coming up as a reliever and won't be on the next version of this list, but I would hate to see them stick him in the pen without at least giving him a chance to start, since I see no physical reason why he can't work in the rotation. Previous ranking: No. 10

Quote Originally Posted by LincolnparkRed View Post
    I will give you the only Red on the list.

7. Aroldis Chapman, RHP, Cincinnati. He's coming up as a reliever and won't be on the next version of this list, but I would hate to see them stick him in the pen without at least giving him a chance to start, since I see no physical reason why he can't work in the rotation. Previous ranking: No. 10
    Keith Law is lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    Keith Law is lazy.
    Yep. Jocketty has already stated that the long term plan is for Chapman to start. The only reason they're moving him to the bullpen right now is to help boost a bad bullpen.

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

I'll give you 5 reasons that he can't pitch in the rotation right now Keith;

1) Leake
    2) Bailey
    3) Arroyo
    4) Cueto
    5) Volquez

and although I'm not on board with it; I know the Reds think harang is better as a starting pitcher right now. I personally believe that Aroldis can get more guys out TODAY then Harang as a starting pitcher. That is just me.

-Side note: I'd love to know who Law currently has as #1
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

This kind of lazy analysis is really frustrating. I know there's a lot to keep tabs on in the MLB, but if it's your full time job, you'd think you could know the context a little bit better.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Quote Originally Posted by JayBruce32 View Post

Domonic Brown

Quote Originally Posted by redsinraleigh View Post
    Domonic Brown
    Who's well regarded and is hitting .320/.394/.592 with a dozen SB between AA and AAA at age 22. Not bad for a 20th Rd pick.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsManRick View Post
    This kind of lazy analysis is really frustrating. I know there's a lot to keep tabs on in the MLB, but if it's your full time job, you'd think you could know the context a little bit better.
    Yea I wouldnt blame him if he couldnt tell you something about Billy Hamilton, but this type of information is a simple google away. For someone who is paid to know this type of information you would think he would. Either he does and wanted to cause some emotion, or he's being simply lazy.

I think he's trying to garner hits, create discussion/ dissension, and mailed in his picks.

Quote Originally Posted by JayBruce32 View Post
    I'll give you 5 reasons that he can't pitch in the rotation right now Keith;

1) Leake
    2) Bailey
    3) Arroyo
    4) Cueto
    5) Volquez

and although I'm not on board with it; I know the Reds think harang is better as a starting pitcher right now. I personally believe that Aroldis can get more guys out TODAY then Harang as a starting pitcher. That is just me.

I'll give you a 6th...

Travis Wood kid is flat out dominating AAA in the last month.

Resident PED Expert

Quote Originally Posted by redsinraleigh View Post
    Domonic Brown
    +1... They might not even see a drop off once Werth leaves in the offseason. Brown could be better than Heyward at the plate playing half his games in that park.

Brown is a TRUE 5 tool talent.

Not to get off topic but Heyward has had an OPS under .700 for his last 40 games.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Dominic Brown's swing is all kinds of funky.

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    Not to get off topic but Heyward has had an OPS under .700 for his last 40 games.
    Reminds me of another top prospect who set the world on fire for his first month only to regress significantly once the scouting report got around.

Turn Off Ads?