Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Bruce and Gomes

Bruce and Gomes

Okay I just wanted to know where all the Bruce and Gomes bashers are today?

"Send Bruce down!"

"Gomes needs to be platooned!"

"Gomes is costing this team Runs with his K's!"

Well, I understand that this was a game against Diamond, a Rookie for the Cubs but this is exactley what these guys needed was to stay playing everyday so they could get back in the Groove...

Go Reds, Go Bruce (My Favorite Player), and Go Jonny Go!

Great Series for the Reds going into the Cards series...

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Bruce and Gomes

Well, given that the Gomes bashers are usually the Bruce lovers and the Bruce bashers are usually the Gomes lovers, I'd assume that everyone is happy today.

Quote Originally Posted by Hondo View Post
    Okay I just wanted to know where all the Bruce and Gomes bashers are today?

"Send Bruce down!"

"Gomes needs to be platooned!"

"Gomes is costing this team Runs with his K's!"

Well, I understand that this was a game against Diamond, a Rookie for the Cubs but this is exactley what these guys needed was to stay playing everyday so they could get back in the Groove...

Go Reds, Go Bruce (My Favorite Player), and Go Jonny Go!

Great Series for the Reds going into the Cards series...
    I am not a Gomes basher/lover, or Bruce basher/lover, but I think its kind of ridiculous to think that one good game today against the cubs would really change anyones long term opinion on them. Gomes started out the year well but hasn't been real good at all lately, and Bruce has played below expectations for another year. It's not like they're being wrongfully accused of poor play lately, the gripes are legitimate in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsFanInBama View Post
    Well, given that the Gomes bashers are usually the Bruce lovers and the Bruce bashers are usually the Gomes lovers, I'd assume that everyone is happy today.
    Touché

Quote Originally Posted by mroby85 View Post
    I am not a Gomes basher/lover, or Bruce basher/lover, but I think its kind of ridiculous to think that one good game today against the cubs would really change anyones long term opinion on them. Gomes started out the year well but hasn't been real good at all lately, and Bruce has played below expectations for another year. It's not like they're being wrongfully accused of poor play lately, the gripes are legitimate in my opinion.
    The whole point of my post was that these guys are going into the Cardinals series on a "High Note" whereas they might be starting to swing the bat better... Which means Good for us.

Gomes is on pace to Drive in 100 RBI and he is batting .278...

Bruce had an awful July so I can only hope Management sticks with him and he pulls out another 20 HR Season...

Here's the fine print...

:fineprint

This team Needs BOTH these guys to be productive down the Stretch... There is no way that benching both of them and Hoping a Dickerson or whoever else in the "Jeff Keppinger-Paul Janish-Chris Dickerson" Cool Aid drinking fan club wants out there more... Same people bashed Dunn in the ground and If the Reds still had him, they would be sitting pretty as far as Offense. So finally these guys Bruce & Gomes need to be hitting down the stretch for this team to win the Division.

Hear,Hear.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Good post, and I'm with ya on this one. One good game does not make a season.

Gomes started the season on fire and has tailed off. But I loved seeing him take more pitches today and walk 4 times.

Bruce's hits weren't that impressive except for the double. If the shift had been on, like so many teams play him, a couple of those get fielded. I'd still like to see him go the opposite way more, like Joey does. Joey jacks an opposite field HR again. Amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hondo View Post
    The whole point of my post was that these guys are going into the Cardinals series on a "High Note" whereas they might be starting to swing the bat better... Which means Good for us.

Gomes is on pace to Drive in 100 RBI and he is batting .278...

Bruce had an awful July so I can only hope Management sticks with him and he pulls out another 20 HR Season...

Here's the fine print...

:fineprint

This team Needs BOTH these guys to be productive down the Stretch... There is no way that benching both of them and Hoping a Dickerson or whoever else in the "Jeff Keppinger-Paul Janish-Chris Dickerson" Cool Aid drinking fan club wants out there more... Same people bashed Dunn in the ground and If the Reds still had him, they would be sitting pretty as far as Offense. So finally these guys Bruce & Gomes need to be hitting down the stretch for this team to win the Division.

I am finally gonna have to have some sips of that Janish kool-aid. I hear it's quite tasty!

Gomes has been ok on the road trip. The big plus with Gomes is he hits Cardinals pitching.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffey012 View Post
    I am finally gonna have to have some sips of that Janish kool-aid. I hear it's quite tasty!
    Well, he is hitting a lot better in the 8th hole now that Dusty pulled him out of the SS spot in the batting order...

I will give ya that!

Turn Off Ads?