Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: 7/1/10, Reds at Cubs - Travis Wood's Debut

Re: 7/1/10, Reds at Cubs - Travis Wood's Debut

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfan320 View Post
    Forgot about Maloney. I've heard a lot about this "Eric Milton" fellow. Was he just total crap that we kept trotting out there or something?

First rule of Eric Milton is never talk about Eric Milton.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

2. Turn Off Ads?
    So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

Time to put them in more misery and bury those sorry Cubs. Sweeeeeep! Go get 'em young Mr. Wood.
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

First rule of Eric Milton is never talk about Eric Milton.
    That bad huh... gotcha.

Anyone have the Cubbies lineup yet?

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfan320 View Post
    Forgot about Maloney. I've heard a lot about this "Eric Milton" fellow. Was he just total crap that we kept trotting out there or something?

Oh he's so young and nieve.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

^^^
    I just wasn't following the Reds (at all) when Milton was here. Not sure what the big deal is.

As for the Cubs lineup, I actually have it:

Colvin 9
    Baker 4
    Lee 3
    Ramirez 5
    Byrd 8
    Soriano 7
    Soto 2
    Castro 6
    Silva 1

Off day for Theriot and Fukodome. Should make things that much easier.

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    Oh he's so young and nieve.
    Just a babe in the woods.

If you want a really good lefty that was great for a couple of years you have to go back to Danny Jackson. He won 24 in 1988 and had a couple of other very good years. I really can't think of another good one since that made a positive impact for very long.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by BoydsOfSummer View Post
    Time to put them in more misery and bury those sorry Cubs. Sweeeeeep! Go get 'em young Mr. Wood.
    Few things in this world would make me happier than to all but eliminate the Cubs this weekend. A sweep would make my soul happy! Go get'em Travis!

Resident PED Expert

Been a long time since I was so excited over a pitchers ML Debut. I have had high hopes for Wood since he dominated the GCL.

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post

If you want a really good lefty that was great for a couple of years you have to go back to Danny Jackson. He won 24 in 1988 and had a couple of other very good years. I really can't think of another good one since that made a positive impact for very long.
    Jackson was great in late 80s and the 1990 Championship season. Before him of course was Tom Browning. Really Jackson and Browning are only 2 good left handed starters the Reds have had in the last 30 years unless I am forgetting someone.

John Smiley was pretty solid. Pete Schourek was dynamite for one year.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

Resident PED Expert

Don't forget uber Yankee prospect tuned fools gold Branden Claussen.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Fanatic View Post
    Jackson was great in late 80s and the 1990 Championship season. Before him of course was Tom Browning. Really Jackson and Browning are only 2 good left handed starters the Reds have had in the last 30 years unless I am forgetting someone.
    Forgot about Browning. He was longer lasting than Jackson. I wasn't keeping up with the Reds very closely in the early to mid 90's so I couldn't remember much about Smiley and how well he did. I knew Schourek had one good season but honestly couldn't remember if he was even a lefty.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Resident PED Expert

Forgot about Browning. He was longer lasting than Jackson. I wasn't keeping up with the Reds very closely in the early to mid 90's so I couldn't remember much about Smiley and how well he did. I knew Schourek had one good season but honestly couldn't remember if he was even a lefty.
    Smiley was a great pitcher for the Reds until he broke his arm. He was a 20 game winner in Pittsburgh before he came here IIRC.

David Wells!!!
    You think you got what it takes to play a real fantasy game? Join me at Jockstocks. You can play Baseball, Basketball, Football, Golf, Nascar and even Hockey!

Jockstocks Homepage

Do you have your shirt on? - Adam Dunn to Marty on the Bananna Phone.

I once watched Eric Milton defeat Carlos Zambrano at Wrigley. I believe Milton had a triple in that game as well.

The day before I watched Claussen get an L and Edwin commit 3 errors.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Turn Off Ads?