Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Reds stats through 80 games

Reds stats through 80 games

8-2 stretch, Reds now 45-35, lead Cards by 1.5 games, RS/RA is 389/361. Reds are 27-19 at home, 18-16 on the road (early schedule heavily loaded with home games). Travis Wood and Bill Bray up. Sam Lecure and Dan Herrera to AAA.

Offense - About the same as last time, leading league in many departments. .785 OPS, .444 SLG, .341 OBP, .276 BA. All these lead league except OBP is second to Braves. Reds lead league in runs, hits (wide margin, 758-721, Brewers), 3rd in homers, tied for 4th in triples, sixth in doubles.

Votto now among league leaders (top 5 or better) in BA (.314), homers (18), RBI (55). Phillips, now lead-off hitter, second in NL in hits (99) and leads league in runs scored (60). Rolen with 17 homers and 54 RBIs despite slightly fewer games played. All three deserve to be on All-Star team, we will know soon.

Pitching - While Reds 12th in NL in ERA, big improvement this last stretch. Team ERA went fro 4.53 to 4.38. Starting pitching 4.44 to 4.32. Bullpen 4.72 to 4.51. Reds pitching fanned 523 hitters (13th most in NL) and walked 282 (6th most in NL). Team OPS allowed is .751 compared with .785 offensive OPS.

Cueto hot pitcher 8-2 with 3.74 ERA. Jordan Smith in first 7 outings has 1.04 ERA and 0.81 WHIP. Rhodes tied record with 33 scoreless appearances, then gave up runs, but still has a 0.91 WHIP in spectacular season so far.

Fielding - Reds have 30 errors and .990 FPCT., both best in NL. DER according to MLB.com improved to tenth in NL.
    Last edited by Kc61; 07-02-2010 at 05:41 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Reds stats through 80 games

Dating back to August 23rd, 2009, the Reds are 73-48 in their last 121 games. The Reds have outscored their opponents 598-503 during that stretch.

Today was game number 81 for the Reds, which is the halfway point in the season. At 46-35, this is the Reds best record at the halfway mark since they were also 46-35 in 1999. That team went on to win 96 games.
    I miss Adam Dunn.

Cards have only played 79 games. So at 80 games each, it could be 1 or 2 games back for the Cardinals.
    Last edited by RBA; 07-02-2010 at 06:24 PM.

A little off topic here, but Barry Larkin has been gushing over the Reds lately on MLB Network. Sean Casey too, and Aaron Boone has been doing the same on ESPN. I love seeing the Reds getting all this attention.
    I miss Adam Dunn.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    A little off topic here, but Barry Larkin has been gushing over the Reds lately on MLB Network. Sean Casey too, and Aaron Boone has been doing the same on ESPN. I love seeing the Reds getting all this attention.
    So has Joe Morgan.

The alumni always like seeing the alma mater doing well. Don't ever think otherwise.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu View Post
    So has Joe Morgan.

The alumni always like seeing the alma mater doing well. Don't ever think otherwise.
    Yep. I forgot about Joe.
    I miss Adam Dunn.

Let's see some Reds make the all-star team, for a change. Four guys deserve it. Votto, Phillips, Rolen, Rhodes. Add a fifth if you think Cueto deserves it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Let's see some Reds make the all-star team, for a change. Four guys deserve it. Votto, Phillips, Rolen, Rhodes. Add a fifth if you think Cueto deserves it too.
    My son and I were discussing this last night.. I came up with 5 (the same ones as you)...Some years I can't come up with 1.
    Tim McCarver: Baseball Quotes
    I remember one time going out to the mound to talk with Bob Gibson. He told me to get back behind the batter, that the only thing I knew about pitching was that it was hard to hit.

Turn Off Ads?