Turn Off Ads?

Thread: the season is not over by any stretches...

the season is not over by any stretches...

I realize some of you are upset, I am the biggest and most negative guy on here but, I see alot of positives coming from this, I really do. WE WILL bounce back and in a big way, our offense will get better. I expected this going into this series I really did, I expected us to cool off from winning 4 straight and plus we just have terrible matchups with the cardinals to boot plus them throwing their big 3 pitchers at us did't make it any better.

some of you are on here saying you are done with this reds team and your done with everything aren't real fans. I might say things, I might get upset and cuss alot but, that doesn't mean I don't love my reds, it just means I want them to win and do good, we haven't had winning baseball since probably the early 90s and 70s, it's just not happened for us but..I trust WALT and I trust this organization to get us there and we will get there with time and with all you soo-called fans fans..that was jump ship early, GO right ahead that's fine, we can do this without you. I am going to support my team through thick and thin and until this race is over, it's been a fun year for some folks and I know it's been a fun year for me and I am going to enjoy it.

WE are only a half a game out of the wildcard and 1 game back of the cardinals, everything is managable, our boys will pull together, we got veteran leadership on this team and rolen and votto and edmonds will talk to the guys, they want to win as much as we do, it's just hard on us as fans when they lose. the sun will shine in the morning, and we will be okay. we got the fish coming in here friday night and let's take care of business. our schedule isn't to bad coming up except for that westcoast trip and which I think we will do fine, the rest of the games are against teams with sub-par 500 records.

with that said. GO REDS!!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: the season is not over by any stretches...

Great Post Redlegs. We did get sweept and now the Cards have some momentum going for them. We have better depth then them. And we will regroup and bounce back. We're an up and coming team that nobody gave a chance to even finish in third place. Our future is very promising with all the young talented arms that we have. It's all part of the growing process. We have the talent to be competive for a good number of years. The Cards are getting kind of old. CarPUNKer is 35. How many years like this is he going to have? Not many my friends.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by redlegs00 View Post
    I realize some of you are upset, I am the biggest and most negative guy on here but, I see alot of positives coming from this, I really do. WE WILL bounce back and in a big way, our offense will get better. I expected this going into this series I really did, I expected us to cool off from winning 4 straight and plus we just have terrible matchups with the cardinals to boot plus them throwing their big 3 pitchers at us did't make it any better.

some of you are on here saying you are done with this reds team and your done with everything aren't real fans. I might say things, I might get upset and cuss alot but, that doesn't mean I don't love my reds, it just means I want them to win and do good, we haven't had winning baseball since probably the early 90s and 70s, it's just not happened for us but..I trust WALT and I trust this organization to get us there and we will get there with time and with all you soo-called fans fans..that was jump ship early, GO right ahead that's fine, we can do this without you. I am going to support my team through thick and thin and until this race is over, it's been a fun year for some folks and I know it's been a fun year for me and I am going to enjoy it.

WE are only a half a game out of the wildcard and 1 game back of the cardinals, everything is managable, our boys will pull together, we got veteran leadership on this team and rolen and votto and edmonds will talk to the guys, they want to win as much as we do, it's just hard on us as fans when they lose. the sun will shine in the morning, and we will be okay. we got the fish coming in here friday night and let's take care of business. our schedule isn't to bad coming up except for that westcoast trip and which I think we will do fine, the rest of the games are against teams with sub-par 500 records.

with that said. GO REDS!!
    I expected to lose atleast 2, maybe 3. I wasn't surprised.

And I don't think BP's comments had anything to do with them beating us, although I think he was stupid to say those things. Initially I had no problem with his comments, but now he just looks really stupid after laying an egg, himself, in this series. And it adds fuel to the pain of being swept.

I knew the Cards had better starting pitching than us. That was no secret. But I don't think their offense is better than ours. Their batting lineup wasn't facing 2 of the best pitchers in the NL like we were. And alot of their runs came on stupid fielding errors. Gomes needs to sit for awhile.

If Harang, Bailey, and Cabrera were healthy, who knows what might have happened? (just kidding)

I haven't given up, but by no means at the beginning of the season was I expecting this team to be in or near first place, or in wild card contention. So being August 11th and being in contention is a nice present from the Reds ownership, management, coaching and players. Thank you.

But I still think this team is built to contend for years to come and this is just the first year. The BRM took until '75 and '76 to win it all. They made it to the postseason several times but all the right pieces weren't quite in place. Same with this team. More tweaking needs done.

And payroll flexibility is on it's way with Lincoln, Arroyo and Harang coming off the books (savings of $23.2M) after this season (unless they pick up Arroyo's option), and Cordero's and Phillips coming off the books after next season (savings of $23M). That's a savings of $46M in the next 2 years. I know guys are becoming arbitration eligible, but they won't break us.

Reds aren't dead yet. You have to like the schedule going forward. Offensively, the Reds are a very strong team. I don't think they are the fluke many do...but until somebody knocks off the Cards, it's still their division to win.

Go ahead fair weather fans and give up! This team deserves better fans than you! I have only known losing baseball from our beloved REDS. Being 24 the early 90's were not a focus for me but I have never been down on the REDS. Real fans cheer on their team win or lose! Bring on the rest of the year and come postseason I will be sitting in our stadium watching a playoff game, tickets already booked. I will be waving at all you fair weather fans in my rearview. GO REDS!

Not at all.

Finish Strong!

Turn Off Ads?