Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why are the Reds playing with a 24 man roster?

Why are the Reds playing with a 24 man roster?

When teams can carry 25 I believe why do the Reds continue to play with a 24 man roster, which impacts on our chances of winning?

2. Turn Off Ads?
    All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Re: Why are the Reds playing with a 24 man roster?

Maybe they can't count?

Pastor, dad and husband Mr Larkin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    When teams can carry 25 I believe why do the Reds continue to play with a 24 man roster, which impacts on our chances of winning?
    Are you just fishing for a complaint? The Reds are 10 games over 500 on the first day of July.

Jockety will get the roster set the way he wants. It has not hurt them at all. If that is all you can find to complain about, here is a quarter, find someone who cares!

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

I didn't realize we were. How did this happen?

I count 25. 12 pitchers, 2 catchers, 6 infielders, 5 outfielders. Let me count them again. I still count 25. Unless I'm missing a toe. =)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Larkin View Post
    Are you just fishing for a complaint? The Reds are 10 games over 500 on the first day of July.

Jockety will get the roster set the way he wants. It has not hurt them at all. If that is all you can find to complain about, here is a quarter, find someone who cares!

Mr Larkin....come on pal....sounds to me like your the one with issues. All he is saying is why not play with 25 if that is what the rules allow....and yes it did hurt us the other night if indeed we had 24....another pinch hitter and maybe Dusty would have pinch hit for Mike leake.

Point is, we are all Reds fans, no need to rag on him for posting a concern. I think the Reds have 25 on roster, but I will need to re count....but if they only had 24, then yes I would say that would and could hurt us in more than 1 way. Valid concern

Dusty refuses to use paul janish at all, he is 'taking' up a roster spot but not being used, thus we are playing with a 24 man unit. Look at today's game, he uses up our OF depth in less then 1 inning when he puts Nix in only to sub Heisey in for him an inning later. If Dusty is opposed to using Janish, then either DFA him, demote him or do something and bring in a player who Dusty will use.

Pastor, dad and husband Mr Larkin's Avatar

Dusty refuses to use paul janish at all, he is 'taking' up a roster spot but not being used, thus we are playing with a 24 man unit. Look at today's game, he uses up our OF depth in less then 1 inning when he puts Nix in only to sub Heisey in for him an inning later. If Dusty is opposed to using Janish, then either DFA him, demote him or do something and bring in a player who Dusty will use.
    So, I was correct, you were only fishing for a complaint against Dusty for his incorrect use, in your opinion of Janish. Silly.

No, I question why a manager would not go to his GM and say, hey this guy is just not someone I see getting hardly any playing time or someone I will use that much, I would rather see us go with X instead and then have the team make that move. Why carry a player who sees little to no playing time, when there may be other options in the minors?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Larkin View Post
    So, I was correct, you were only fishing for a complaint against Dusty for his incorrect use, in your opinion of Janish. Silly.

No, I question why a manager would not go to his GM and say, hey this guy is just not someone I see getting hardly any playing time or someone I will use that much, I would rather see us go with X instead and then have the team make that move. Why carry a player who sees little to no playing time, when there may be other options in the minors?
    ?? If O.Cab were to get hurt or need a day off, what would they do then? He is needed on the roster.
    WHEN DOES IT STOP!?!?

T.Frazier, Drew Sutton we have options in AAA.

Quote Originally Posted by Z-Fly View Post
    ?? If O.Cab were to get hurt or need a day off, what would they do then? He is needed on the roster.

[QUOTE=lidspinner;2139184]Mr Larkin....come on pal....sounds to me like your the one with issues. All he is saying is why not play with 25 if that is what the rules allow....and yes it did hurt us the other night if indeed we had 24....another pinch hitter and maybe Dusty would have pinch hit for Mike leake. [QUOTE]

Mike Leake is probably a better hitter than Paul Janish.

[QUOTE=markymark69;2139816][QUOTE=lidspinner;2139184]Mr Larkin....come on pal....sounds to me like your the one with issues. All he is saying is why not play with 25 if that is what the rules allow....and yes it did hurt us the other night if indeed we had 24....another pinch hitter and maybe Dusty would have pinch hit for Mike leake.

Mike Leake is probably a better hitter than Paul Janish.
    But that is in no way a slight at Janish.

T.Frazier, Drew Sutton we have options in AAA.
    Neither of them are anywhere close to Janish's defense. If it's just a bat that's wanted, nobody deserves it more than Dorn. Keep Janish for now, he's a safety net. Albeit, one that isn't much of a hitter.

Turn Off Ads?