Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Chris Carpenter

Chris Carpenter

It's interesting to see Chris Carpenter have the start he had against the Brew Crew. If something is wrong with him and he has to go to the DL, I would say that the divsion is ours for the taking. Just a thought.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Chris Carpenter

I was watching that game, and he didn't look good at all. He was pitching like a man with an injured arm.

'19 '40 '75 '76 '90

ST. LOUIS -- A day after successfully throwing a bullpen session, Chris Carpenter has formally been cleared to make his next scheduled start for the Cardinals, on Saturday at home against Milwaukee.

In the first inning of his last start, Carpenter was struck in the right forearm by a line drive. He remained in the game, but continued to feel discomfort in the ensuing days. However, he threw on Wednesday and it went well. On Thursday, the Cards confirmed that Carpenter will make his next start, as scheduled.

- mlb.com

The start didn't go well though

bout time the cards had some injury problems, i'd say we've had our share already with bailey and volquez

Quote Originally Posted by Maker_84 View Post
    bout time the cards had some injury problems, i'd say we've had our share already with bailey and volquez
    The Cards have had more injuries than the Reds.

I wonder if they will shut him down until after the break even if there isn't an injury.

'19 '40 '75 '76 '90

Quote Originally Posted by davereds24 View Post

I wonder if they will shut him down until after the break even if there isn't an injury.
    They might...they DO have Aaron Miles to pick up the slack.

Reds Fan 4 life!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Reds View Post
    I have the next round!!!!!!!
    "Ahh, Jesus, I like him very much, but He no help with curveball." - Serrano. "Are you trying to say Jesus Christ can't hit a curveball?" - Harris in Major League (1989)

Quote Originally Posted by davereds24 View Post

i'm not so sure about that, who has been injured that is truly a big cog on their team? remember we also still have our best catcher out as well and had votto out a little while as well earlier this season

I heard the baseballs were slick.

i'm not so sure about that, who has been injured that is truly a big cog on their team? remember we also still have our best catcher out as well and had votto out a little while as well earlier this season
    You got me curious Maker, so I looked it up....Penny was 3 and 4 as the #4 starter with a 3.23 ERA before he went down.

Pretty obvious he got little run support since they score over 5 a game....Lohse was 1 and 4 but admitted that he was hurt the whole time. The replacement starters, Suppan, Hawksworth and Ottavino have combined for 2 wins and 11 losses with a 7.05 ERA.

Rasmus and Ludwick have missed a few games to minor injuries, and now Ludwick and Freeze are both on the DL....Carpenter is day to day.

How about, Lohse, Penny, Ludwick. and thats just off the top of my head. I know they have more than that on the DL.
    "I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road." Stephen Hawking

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Cards officially have Freese, Ludwick, Lohse, and Penny on the DL.

Reds officially have Bailey, Dickerson, Hanigan, Lincoln, and Volquez on the DL.

Turn Off Ads?