Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Outfield Help?

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Re: Outfield Help?

OF help?

With Bruce, Stubbs, Gomes, Heisey, Nix and Dickerson shortly, we don't really need any OF help IMO.

And certainly not to the point where we give up viable prospects for any help.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    OF help?

With Bruce, Stubbs, Gomes, Heisey, Nix and Dickerson shortly, we don't really need any OF help IMO.

And certainly not to the point where we give up viable prospects for any help.
    Some days I agree completely. Its not a desperate situation by any means, but if Heisey goes in a deal for an arm, a lefty hitter who can play some LF and CF who is better than Nix or Dickerson would be a nice addition.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    Some days I agree completely. Its not a desperate situation by any means, but if Heisey goes in a deal for an arm, a lefty hitter who can play some LF and CF who is better than Nix or Dickerson would be a nice addition.
    agree.

three issues: first is salary. second is how many trade chips we have. third is prioirty of needs. if (big if) we obtain a TOR arm & have some trade chips left what is needed more. ie the abovementioned lefty hitting OF who would upgrade Nix & Dickerson, upgrade at SS, bullpen arm,etc.

my opinion is that a real TOR arm could be huge for the team. huge. lets just say we got Lee/Haren/Oswalt/Greinke/etc and Volquez is healthy. the 2010 Reds would be a legitimate World Series contender. so if I were Walt i'd get the TOR arm first and then try to upgrade the other positions if possible.

Turn Off Ads?