Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Would You Move Harang To The Bullpen?

Would You Move Harang To The Bullpen?

This isn't like Carlos Zambrano in Chicago but would moving Harang to the bullpen bolster the pen while creating a spot for Wood, Chapman or Bailey in the rotation? Move Harang to the pen and the rotation would look like this:

1. Arroyo
    2. Leake
    3. Volquez
    4. Cueto
    5. Wood/Chapman/Bailey

Think it would work?
    If you think small, you'll go nowhere in life.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Re: Would You Move Harang To The Bullpen?

No.

His middling stuff wouldn't play well out of the pen IMO. Plus, one of Aaron's biggest assets is his durability and stamina. The innings he eats. In the pen, you lose that.
    2014 predictions:
    99-63 WS champs (Cards take 2nd WC, Mil 3rd, Pit 4th, Chi 5th)
    Bruce/Votto neck and neck MVP race (neither takes it)
    Bailey CYA winner
    Hamilton ROY & GG

Quote Originally Posted by Krusty View Post
    This isn't like Carlos Zambrano in Chicago but would moving Harang to the bullpen bolster the pen while creating a spot for Wood, Chapman or Bailey in the rotation? Move Harang to the pen and the rotation would look like this:

1. Arroyo
    2. Leake
    3. Volquez
    4. Cueto
    5. Wood/Chapman/Bailey

Think it would work?
    I'd rather deal him and use the savings to finance a true TOR arm that they could get in a deal for some prospects.
    "All I can tell them is pick a good one and sock it." --BABE RUTH

Having better players makes "the right time" or "the big hit" happen a lot more often. PLUS PLUS

No. He's pitched better recently and I think his ERA will be heading down again before it goes back up. I'd have no problem dealing him if it makes room for an ace, but I do not think Homer Bailey will put up better numbers than Harang will this year and Wood is risky too. Chapman will pitch out of the pen.

Could you go with a 6 man rotation?

1. Arroyo
    2. Cueto
    3. Leake
    4. Volquez
    5. Harang
    6. Wood/Bailey?
    Most Vottomatic Player

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    I'd rather deal him and use the savings to finance a true TOR arm that they could get in a deal for some prospects.
    The Reds won't see any salary relief in trading Harang. He just isn't that good to command that kind of deal.

I don't think Harang is as bad as he was to start the season, but he is hardly one guy that I would pick in a must win situation. I think a TOR starter is a need if the Reds plan on contending late in the year. I hope Harang is the guy to either go to the pen or the one that is traded.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    The Reds won't see any salary relief in trading Harang. He just isn't that good to command that kind of deal.

I don't think Harang is as bad as he was to start the season, but he is hardly one guy that I would pick in a must win situation. I think a TOR starter is a need if the Reds plan on contending late in the year. I hope Harang is the guy to either go to the pen or the one that is traded.
    I've been one of Harang's biggest critics, but I think that if the Reds make him available, pretty much every team in contention would take him and his salary. It's only for a few months, and most teams don;t have a problem taking on salary in a pennant race, if they think the player will help them. And adding a pitcher who can go 6+ innings and give up 3-5 runs a game nearly every time out would help most teams.

Now I doubt anyone would give up anything good to get him, but they would be glad to take him, his innins and his salary.
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

Turn Off Ads?