Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dusty Baker said what?

Re: Dusty Baker said what?

Quote Originally Posted by scott91575 View Post
    Umm, yeah (see my edit). First off, you are assuming he gets walked (that is in no way a sure thing, and most managers would not do that with Phillips up next). A walk would be great, especially if you think he is the only guy that is going to get walked. Get Phillips up with 2 on. Why save someone for a just in case that never happens.

I could even see using a different pinch hitter, but neither Rolen nor another pinch hitter is going to get walked with an everyday hitter behind him that is hitting almost .400 and an OPS over .900 during that month. Therefore Rolen is the best choice.
    Thats your opinion and I respect it. I just don't see how that one decision is a big deal.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Why are you bringing this up now? I have moved on I don't know about you.

[QUOTE=Mutaman;2143566]
    That makes sense?

Seriously, that actually makes sense to you? Really?

QUOTE]

Makes a lot more sense than making a federal case out of a trivial incident that happened over a week ago.
    Ah yes, I was making a federal case out of nowhere.

It is one example of many concerning Baker's managerial decisions and beliefs. It was picked out by another poster as making sense, and I stated multiple reasons it did not. Yeah, that's a federal case. Silly me for discussing Dusty Baker's continual strange baseball beliefs, in a thread about Dusty Baker's strange past decisions (one that took place a lot longer than over a week ago), on a Reds message board. Silly me.

Quote Originally Posted by Lockdwn11 View Post
    Thats your opinion and I respect it. I just don't see how that one decision is a big deal.
    As noted in my original post, it's one of multiple issues. You picked that one out, and I defended my viewpoint on that issue.

'19 '40 '75 '76 '90

I'm still waiting, patiently, for those stolen bases Willy promised.

As noted in my original post, it's one of multiple issues. You picked that one out, and I defended my viewpoint on that issue.
    Why can't you just be happy with being 11 games over .500 and in first place why dwell on what you perceive as bad decisions by Dusty Baker.

By the way I can't believe I am defending Dusty Baker but some people are just ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Lockdwn11 View Post
    Why can't you just be happy with being 11 games over .500 and in first place why dwell on what you perceive as bad decisions by Dusty Baker.
    becuase it's a topic about a Dusty Baker decision that makes little sense, and I pointed out other times he made decisions that make no sense. Why do you feel the need to ignore that, in a topic on that very subject, because the Reds are in first place. My posts are more relevant to the subject than "hey, we are in first place!"

I am happy the Reds are in first place. I have even stated that I think Dusty is a good clubhouse manager. Yet his strange decisions seem a lot more relevant in this thread than "Yay! First place!"

It's amazing how many people think criticism means people are not happy the Reds are in first.

ITT: Beating a dead horse
    "When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail"

Now that I think about it I remember a game last year when Baker sent Laynce Nix up to pinch hit even though he had Micah Owens available on the bench (or maybe it was the other way around). Anyhow this move proved that Baker is no genius, and has had a series of strokes , and a lobotomy. And then there was the time back in 2008 when he started Paul Baco instead of David Ross in a game against the Pirates . And there's lots more.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad we're in first place, but Baker has to go.

Quote Originally Posted by The Voice of IH View Post
    The whole Willy Taveras debacle gives me headaches that I don't care to have. Please lets not get stuck on the past...we all know that the Reds (not just baker,,,everyone on the staff and in the offices) really messed up there.
    Somehow certain people miss this fact. Thr Front Office makes the deals and extends the contracts, not the field Mgr. (I find myself in the odd position of offering defense of Dusty)..............

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I'm glad we're in first place, but Baker has to go.
    This is what I love about people on this board. Not only did I not say he had to go, but the examples are weak.

Anyway, you guys keep right on reading whatever you want that makes you feel high and mighty. I guess everyone at Microsoft, being in first place in operating systems, says "hey, we are selling the most operating systems. Good job everyone! You all get perfect appraisals and no one has done anything wrong! We cannot criticize you becuase we are #1! That is what makes great companies great!' Oh, and all their customers sit back and sing their praises because they are #1.

Dusty has made some downright awful decisions, and everyone here knows it. It's not moves that just didn't work out, it's moves that are not even in the realm of rational thinking. I am sorry for expecting rational decisions from a MLB manager. From now all it's all sunshine and lollipops for fear I might upset anyone here who clicks on a Dusty thread talking about a bad decision and actually hears criticism of Dusty Baker. Dear lord, criticism of a teams manager. Heaven forbid!

All hail Dusty, the man who does no wrong!!!!

Anyway, you guys keep right on reading whatever you want that makes you feel high and mighty. I guess everyone at Microsoft, being in first place in operating systems, says "hey, we are selling the most operating systems. Good job everyone! You all get perfect appraisals and no one has done anything wrong! We cannot criticize you becuase we are #1! That is what makes great companies great!' Oh, and all their customers sit back and sing their praises because they are #1.

Dusty has made some downright awful decisions, and everyone here knows it. It's not moves that just didn't work out, it's moves that are not even in the realm of rational thinking. I am sorry for expecting rational decisions from a MLB manager. From now all it's all sunshine and lollipops for fear I might upset anyone here who clicks on a Dusty thread talking about a bad decision and actually hears criticism of Dusty Baker. Dear lord, criticism of a teams manager. Heaven forbid!

All hail Dusty, the man who does no wrong!!!!
    Good analogy.

I'm glad Dusty was more concerned with trading Willie than winning baseball games.

Turn Off Ads?