Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Votto needs to...

Votto needs to...

Learn to shut his mouth and let the manager argue with the umpires. It's one thing to say something as you walk away, but to turn around get in the umpires face and then throw your helmet. Thats just begging to get thrown out of the game. And all that for a ball that WAS a strike.
    "I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road." Stephen Hawking

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Votto needs to...

You need to learn what a game thread is ...

I don't care if he got himself tossed today. If he doesn't want to play today and show his frustrations about not being selected to the All-Star game and not getting the calls at the plate a player who leads then NL in OPS this season should get, then so be it.

No problem whatsoever with Votto showing his frustrations. I'd rather see a pissed-off Votto than a wimpy Votto who just takes it and sits down.

FWIW, it doesn't matter if it was a ball or a strike. It wasn't about that.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Votto quote on not making All-Star Game

http://www.lockerpulse.com/News/Vott...incinnati-Reds

I was disappointed, Votto said, referring to not making the NL team. I would have liked to have gotten in on the first vote, but I still consider this an honor to be able to get myself a chance to go to the All-Star game with a pretty good group of guys.
    "I can't take this homerism anymore." - 10xWSChamps, August 11, 2010. A Cardinals fan having a problem with all the homerism on Redszone. Classic.

"Man do I miss the days where were didn't need a calculator and an encyclopedia of baseball metrics to enjoy a baseball game ... - MikeS21" - 8/2/12 game thread

Re: Votto quote on not making All-Star Game

...I wonder what he really thinks.

So is he in?

I would say he spent the day voting!

'19 '40 '75 '76 '90

He was knocked flat on his ass earlier in the AB, right? That might have grinded his gears.

Quote Originally Posted by muddie View Post
    So is he in?
    No, he is talking about being in the final vote that is going on now.

It's not as if it's something that Votto does all the time. In fact, he pretty much never does it. He's usually one of the least outwardly emotional guys on the field, and if he does get frustrated it's almost always at himself.

That, and the fact I really don't know how anyone can definitively say it was a strike. It looked like a pitch that could go either way to me, and while perhaps something like Gameday showed it was a strike or some armchair umps said it was a strike, the actual home plate umpire makes that call, and almost all of them are just so inconsistent anymore.

Now, too close to let go by with 2 strikes... probably so.

I already considered this fiasco a joke. This just confirms my belief that the AS game is a joke.

You don't think Votto had the all star snub on his mind? God forbid Joey Votto act human once. I felt bad for him because I could just tell he was upset. Now let's go out and get him on that team!

VoteVotto

He showed me again why he is my least favorite Red. I still like him, but he is my least favorite.

That was a dumb, selfish move today.

Quote Originally Posted by mrherd05 View Post
    He showed me again why he is my least favorite Red. I still like him, but he is my least favorite.

That was a dumb, selfish move today.

see, he showed me why he is my favorite Red.....the guy just got snubbed by the voting....got a ball whizzed by his face, has been getting really bad calls as of late if you have been watching games....its about time he showed some emotion other than just walking back to the dugout....Joey has every right to explode once in a while and sometimes by doing that you get to relieve alot of tension and stress.....lets hope that is what Joey done

Quote Originally Posted by lidspinner View Post
    see, he showed me why he is my favorite Red.....the guy just got snubbed by the voting....got a ball whizzed by his face, has been getting really bad calls as of late if you have been watching games....its about time he showed some emotion other than just walking back to the dugout....Joey has every right to explode once in a while and sometimes by doing that you get to relieve alot of tension and stress.....lets hope that is what Joey done
    couldn't have said it better myself.

Turn Off Ads?