Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Roster management advice?

Roster management advice?

Ok, I've got a couple guys coming off the DL over the next few weeks meaning I have to drop some guys.. I thought I'd ask here to see if others would come up with the same strategy I did. Standard 5x5 HtH Keeper league (5 keepers at end of year FWIW)

C Miguel Montero
    1B Joey Votto
    2B Rickie Weeks
    3B Pablo Sandoval
    SS Jose Reyes
    OF Alfonso Soriano
    OF Carlos Lee
    OF Matt Kemp
    UTIL Lance Berkman
    BENCH Chone Figgins
    BENCH Buster Posey
    BENCH Denard Span

SP Zack Greinke
    SP Justin Verlander
    SP David Price
    SP Mat Latos
    SP Mike Pelfrey
    SP Johnny Cueto
    SP Mike Leake
    SP Trevor Cahill
    SP Kris Medlen
    SP Brandon Morrow
    RP Jon Rauch
    RP Kevin Gregg
    RP Matt Lindstrom

I usually like having as small a bench of position players as possible to hopefully have more (good) pitchers take the mound over the course of a week.. I have SP Brett Anderson & SP Erik Bedard looking to return from the DL shortly, any advice on who to drop?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Roster management advice?

Is Leake going to be one of your keepers? With the Reds limiting his innings, and pitches, I don't think he is a very good second half fantasy option.

I wouldn't clear space for Bedard unless I had to. I want to see what he looks like. I had Bedard on my DL at the start of the season, but I quickly needed the spot. Give him a few starts at the major league level on the DL, if league rules allow. He is rumored to be trade bait if he can show he has the ability to get people out. So he could quickly move to a contender.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Get rid of Figgins. Good God, he's terrible. And Leake to make room for Bedard.

I didn't like the idea of having multiple catchers, and since I wasn't going to keep either I went with dropping Posey for my initial move (which in retrospect looks like a mistake after this week, hopefully Montero can be pretty good from here on out) I did finally get tired of Figgins though, and dropped him today.. I think Morrow may be the next out, but I'm definitely keeping an eye on Leake & may be letting him go as well soon

Turn Off Ads?