Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Since this date in time stats time! Come one come all!

Since this date in time stats time! Come one come all!

Drew Stubbs from May 8th through July 4th (Since being moved out of the lead off spot)

BA: .276
    OBP: .340
    Slug: .494

Jay Bruce from April 12th to July 4th (7th game of the year, and after his 1-19 start to the season)

BA: .292
    OBP: .370
    Slug: .491

Brandon Phillips from May 8th to July 4th (day he was moved out of the 4 spot)
    BA: .339
    OBP: .394
    Slug: .520

Jason Heyward May 13th to June 26th (last 40 games he played)
    BA: .222
    OBP: .328
    Slug: .361

2. Turn Off Ads?
    All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Re: Since this date in time stats time! Come one come all!

Yet Heyward gets voted to the All Star game and the best player in the NL doesn't or doesn't even get picked beyond the voting.

It shows what a joke the AS game is.
    "I can't take this homerism anymore." - 10xWSChamps, August 11, 2010. A Cardinals fan having a problem with all the homerism on Redszone. Classic.

"Man do I miss the days where were didn't need a calculator and an encyclopedia of baseball metrics to enjoy a baseball game ... - MikeS21" - 8/2/12 game thread

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    Yet Heyward gets voted to the All Star game and the best player in the NL doesn't or doesn't even get picked beyond the voting.

Fan voting is one thing. Time to throw in Omar Infante numbers to show the genius of Charlie Manuel.

Of course after all the Infante talk, he will probably be the All Star MVP.

But Votto will play. Never fear.

Recovering Cubs Fan

I would trade Stubbs for Heyward in a heartbeat. I would trade Phillips for Heyward in a heartbeat. Bruce or Votto, maybe not. But Heyward is really really really good.
    FIRE DUSTY Never mind. The man is clearly a genius.

Quote Originally Posted by Natty Redlocks View Post
    I would trade Stubbs for Heyward in a heartbeat. I would trade Phillips for Heyward in a heartbeat. Bruce or Votto, maybe not. But Heyward is really really really good.
    He has a OPS of .821 this year. He will probably be good one day but he is being carried by 1 good month so far this year. He strikes out just as much as Drew Stubbs. Like I said he could be good, Id trade him for Stubbs, maybe Phillips because of money but as it stands right now hes hit for a sub .700 OPS this year for 60% of his season. He started off hot, but hes been far from really really good.

Recovering Cubs Fan

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    He has a OPS of .821 this year. He will probably be good one day but he is being carried by 1 good month so far this year. He strikes out just as much as Drew Stubbs. Like I said he could be good, Id trade him for Stubbs, maybe Phillips because of money but as it stands right now hes hit for a sub .700 OPS this year for 60% of his season. He started off hot, but hes been far from really really good.
    He's only 20; he's doing as well in his first year as Bruce is doing in his third. I agree he probably doesn't belong in the ASG yet, but he's a very exciting player on a popular team and he started off very hot.

He's only 20; he's doing as well in his first year as Bruce is doing in his third. I agree he probably doesn't belong in the ASG yet, but he's a very exciting player on a popular team and he started off very hot.
    For all but 6 games Bruce has been the better player. Im not trying to compare them, but I do want to point out that hes had 1 month where he struck out hardly ever and 2 months where he struck out 30% of the time. He has a good future probably but hes living of a lot of hype right now.

Jeff Francouer started out hot also. I'm just saying.

**Crosses fingers that Francouer doesn't go off the next three days**
    Last edited by RedsFanInBama; 07-05-2010 at 03:05 PM.

Like I said im not trying to bag on Heyward, im just pointing out something that many probably dont even notice. After 30 games to start Heywards career, hes been a sub .700 OPS hitter. Media doesnt do their job, and they would have you believe Heyward has been dominating all season long.

Recovering Cubs Fan

Fair enough. Honestly, I wasn't aware he'd dropped off so much. My only point is it's not like he's some journeyman riding a hot start to his only all-star game ever; he'll likely be a fixture every year.

Fair enough. Honestly, I wasn't aware he'd dropped off so much. My only point is it's not like he's some journeyman riding a hot start to his only all-star game ever; he'll likely be a fixture every year.
    He's just a rookie riding a hot start and hype to his first all-star game. He might be a fixture for years to come. Given the state of outfielders in the game right now, it won't take much.

not saying I disagree with ya....but watching a Braves game a few weeks ago the announcer was talking about JH and hi scold streak....said that 90% of his hits were off of fastballs....They were making the comment that early on pitchers thought they could fastball him to death.....and once they realized he can hit the fastball, they threw offspeed and he has not hit that at all....they gave the stat that like 3% of his total hits have came from off speed stuff....I have no idea if that is true but if it is and that does not change after the ASB, then you are watching Cerano part 2.

I am not ready to say Heyward is a fixture in the ASG, but he sure was fun to watch those 1st few weeks of the season...lets see what he does the rest of the year...

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post

Yep. Hayward and that "backup infielder at best" Infante (or whatever that Atlanta scrub is named) have no business being in the All-Star game. I'm guessing Charlie Manuel doesn't like Dusty Baker.
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 07-05-2010 at 04:08 PM.

Turn Off Ads?