Turn Off Ads?
Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 182425262728

Thread: 7.5.2010 Reds at Mets

Re: 7.5.2010 Reds at Mets

Quote Originally Posted by George Foster View Post
    I said 5-6 would be a great road trip. We have a chance to have the road trip that could win the division.

Every game counts the same whether it is july or september.
    "I notice that I'm throwing hard when I hear the crowd gasping," - Chapman

2. Turn Off Ads?
    All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Baseball is a funny game. I was looking at the pitching matchups before the trip and the only game I felt confident about was Cueto-Wells. And that is the only game they have dropped.
    I had the same thought.

I wasn't expecting to lose when Cueto pitched and thought we'd probably lose 2 or 3 of the others.

Baseball is a funny game. I get a giddy laugh every time we win. That's how funny it is.
    Last edited by Vottomatic; 07-05-2010 at 10:34 PM.

'19 '40 '75 '76 '90

Minus maybe Masset (42 appearances) this was a complete team effort, everyone had a hit. That's great for a clubhouse.

With Harang being questionable, I guess Baker wanted to roll the dice and get as much out of Smith as he could tonight so he could save the others for the next two games. And it worked. Big effort by Smith after a shaky start.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post

What more do you want?
    The Padres bullpen.

Heath Bell (1.72 ERA), Mike Adams (2.25), Gregerson (2.23), Webb (1.71), Thatcher (1.65), Stauffer (0.39).

'19 '40 '75 '76 '90

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    The Padres bullpen.

Heath Bell (1.72 ERA), Mike Adams (2.25), Gregerson (2.23), Webb (1.71), Thatcher (1.65), Stauffer (0.39).
    And not a single all-star among 'em. :thumbdown

Overall this was still a decent performance by Wood. He ran out of gas with the heat and with pitching on 3 days rest. With some luck he could've only given up 3 runs.

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    The Padres bullpen.

It's because of the Park they play in versus the Park the REDS' pitchers' play in.

San Diego has the best pitcher's park in the NL.

I've seen all those pitchers pitch in AAA. They aren't that good. It's the same reason players who hit great in AAA for San Diego, all of a sudden can't hit when they get to the Big Leagues.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    With Harang being questionable, I guess Baker wanted to roll the dice and get as much out of Smith as he could tonight so he could save the others for the next two games. And it worked. Big effort by Smith after a shaky start.
    Yes, it was; and, great job by Baker to trust Smith and send him back out there.

Smith seemed to get stronger with each new inning. The 7th was very nice.

Formerly Farsighted Fan sabometrics's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    It's because of the Park they play in versus the Park the REDS' pitchers' play in.

San Diego has the best pitcher's park in the NL.

I've seen all those pitchers pitch in AAA. They aren't that good. It's the same reason players who hit great in AAA for San Diego, all of a sudden can't hit when they get to the Big Leagues.
    Maybe the ain't that good, but they ain't that bad either

The park can only make so much of a difference and they still have to play on the road.
    "He looked like a surfer kid from SoCal," manager Dusty Baker says. "He didn't say much, but you could tell he was cool."

Quote Originally Posted by sabometrics View Post
    Maybe the ain't that good, but they ain't that bad either

The park can only make so much of a difference and they still have to play on the road.
    Absolutely.

You don't have low to sub-2.00 ERA's and it's a fluke.

Turn Off Ads?