Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Felipe Lopez on the Reds

Felipe Lopez on the Reds

Got this from the Sun Deck:

"The Reds are really hot right now and we're not even close to hot. And we're still right there. So once we click there's not going to be a chance for nobody."
    Have at it.
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Let's face it, you mis-hit the bun with the mustard squirter, no one will really care.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Felipe Lopez on the Reds

How are they going to click? Freese is DL'd. Ludwick? DL'd holes at SS and 2B defensively. No RF. And Carpenter is... sliding.

meh. That said, they are right there aren't they?
    Suck it up cupcake.

The double negative is awesome.
    "Bring on Rod Stupid!"

I added this in another thread last night but it probably does deserve its own thread. I'm really not concerned about the Cards right now. They have a boat load of issues and if the Reds add a Lee or Haren I think they become the favorites.

Sounds to me like they are getting a little nervous. Good.
    Benzinger backing and calling! And the 1990 world championship series belongs to the Cincinnati Reds!

Spent some time reading a Cards' forum earlier today. It was awesome.

As I said in the post, no one outside of maybe Johnny Gomes is playing over his head on the Reds.

The Reds lead the league in many offensive categories despite stretches from Orlando Cabrera and Drew Stubbs that would make Wily Taveras blush. While those two will not set the world on fire, I think it's reasonable to assume that they will have many weeks better than their worst ones in the first half of the season.
    The Reds lost the better offensive option at catcher, though he's coming back soon, and players like Arroyo are notorious second half players.

I'd say the Reds are just getting warmed up.
    When people say that I donít know what Iím talking about when it comes to sports or writing, I think: Man, you should see me in the rest of my life.
    ---Joe Posnanski

Stat Wanker Hodiernus RedsManRick's Avatar

Methinks thou doth protest too much.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

That's some nice locker room material for the Reds to hang up. Put that quote in a beautiful frame, and make every player walk past it before every game.

Then in August when the Cards come to town, drill Lopez with a pitch.
    Barry Larkin - HOF, 2012

Put an end to the Lost Decade.

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

I kind of feel badly for FeLo; he's played for so many losing teams, and this is his shot at being a winner.

Even the half year that he played for the Cards in 2008- they finished 4th.

Hmmm.... maybe it's the Lopez Factor?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone792 View Post
    That's some nice locker room material for the Reds to hang up. Put that quote in a beautiful frame, and make every player walk past it before every game.

Then in August when the Cards come to town, drill Lopez with a pitch.
    Or just sweep them
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by OesterPoster View Post
    Spent some time reading a Cards' forum earlier today. It was awesome.
    Me too. I thought I was on Redszone any of these last ten years at this point of the season.
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by TheNext44 View Post
    Or just sweep them
    Well sure, that's understood.

But a few of those guys could use getting drilled. Carpenter, Rasmus and now Lopez.
    Barry Larkin - HOF, 2012

Put an end to the Lost Decade.

When he went all double negative, I wonder if Felipe really meant "We (the cards) were hot early in the season, while the reds where struggling thru April. But once they turned it on in May and started clicking, watch out there never really was a chance for us"

I think Felipe is forgetting that Holiday has been clicking the last 3-4 weeks like many thought he would, Pujols is having an MVP type year so far (just not as good as Votto) and the starting pitching has been pretty good. I don't think they're struggling as much as he thinks they are, more like playing to about as good as the talent level would suggest, perhaps a notch below, but they're not as good, nor as complete a ball club as they were a few seasons ago. With all that said, its not that surprising, any big league team that sits 2 games out near the mid-way point should be thinking they can play a little better than they have so far and then everyone will have to "watch out"

This is really nothing new, some players like to talk.

When the Dodgers had a huge lead over the Reds back in the 70s Pete Rose said we're in 2nd place but the Dodgers are chasing us.

Ron Cey said if Cincinnati catches us I'll eat my hat.

The Reds went on to win the division and Cey's hat stayed on his head.

Turn Off Ads?