Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Felipe Lopez on the Reds

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

Re: Felipe Lopez on the Reds

That's All-Star english by the former All-Star
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

2. Turn Off Ads?

Am I the only one who looked quickly and read this as "Felipe Lopez to the Reds"?
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Am I the only one who looked quickly and read this as "Felipe Lopez to the Reds"?
    Nope, I thought the same.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

Reds have a chance to put some distance between themselves & the Cards between the ASB and St. Louis coming to Cincinnati in early August.

Cincinnati: 3 vs. Colorado, 4 vs. Washington, 3 @ Houston, 3 @ Milwaukee, 3 vs. Atlanta, 3 @ Pittsburgh, 3 @ Chicago

St. Louis: 4 vs. LA, 4 vs. Philly, 3 @ Chicago, 3 @ NY, 3 vs. Pittsburgh, 3 vs. Houston, 3 @ Florida

A slim lead going into the ASB could turn into a 4-5 game lead by the time St. Loo arrives in August (after the trade deadline). The schedule definitely favors the Cards the last 6 weeks of the season, as the Reds who rarely play well out west will still have road series remaining against SD, SF, Az and Colorado. If the Reds aren't in front by a handful or more of games after the St. Louis series in early August, I don't think they take the division.

I don't know about that, the Reds finish playing 3 vs Pitt, 4 vs Arizona, 3 @ Houston, 3 @ Mil, Off day, 3 @ San Diego, off Day, 3 @ houston, 3 vs Mil. If nothing else, I assume that's an easier schedule on paper than the WC contenders from the other divisions. The 2 off days near the end, assuming there are no need to make up a rainout should allow them to set their rotation for each series a little better. Arizona could be w/o Haren, Houston could be w/o Oswalt, doesn't seem all that bad to close out the season. I would think a legit contender would go at least 14-8 over this stretch to close out the season with 17+ wins in the realm of possibility. Extend it back 1 series (4 game stretch @ Col) and this is how they close out September following the Card series in September. Put me down for 16-10 or better following that Cards set.

Meanwhile, the Cards have 3 @ Mil, 4 @ Atlanta, 3 vs Chicago, 4 vs San Diego, Off Day, 3 @ Pit, 3 @ Chicago, 3 vs pitt, 4 vs Col. Overall, that seems pretty similar, if not a shade tougher considering you get 4 vs San Diego, 4 @ Atlanta, 1 less off day and a very good chance of having to fave Ubaldo sometime in the last series.

Senor Votto

Do the Cards see Ubaldo this series?

Quote Originally Posted by Degenerate39 View Post

I don't believe so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

I believe the (Reds are in 1st place thread) that due to Colorado's off day, Ubaldo is being bumped up to tomorrow's game on his normal 5 days rest so that he'll be right on schedule for the all star game and hopefully be given the starting nod. Since the Reds play Colorado coming out of the all star break, perhaps they'll decide to keep Ubaldo on schedule, allow him to make the start, get some more work in under the stands following his appearance, take a full 4 days rest, then start the 1st game following their 3 game set w/ the Reds coming out of the break. Sure would be nice of them to do that for the Red Legs.

Colorado's site still list ubaldo as going game 1 of their next series vs San Diego, so I guess we'll see tomorrow. Who knows how often that is updated.
    Last edited by medford; 07-07-2010 at 04:37 PM.

As of yesterday, ESPN had him going tomorrow.

Yes. Tomorrow night Jiminez pitches against St. Louis.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I did to, and it wouldn't be such a bad idea.
    Go Gators!

Senor Votto

I'd really like to see the Rox sweep the Cards then

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

Ahh Felipe, you little tool. Will be fun watching you bat .260 all year, make a bunch of errors ... and finish in second place!

Honestly, what does anyone EXPECT him to say?

"Well our offense is pretty suspect, especially right now. It's pretty much Albert, Colby and zip. But we are hanging in there waiting for the Reds to slip or face a dominant pitcher like Santana. That didn't work out the way we wanted last night, but maybe tonight."
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Cheekily Non-Conformist CarolinaRedleg's Avatar

What is it about putting on that Cardinals uniform that brings out the punk in a player?

Turn Off Ads?