Turn Off Ads?
Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 192526272829

Thread: 7.7.2010 Reds at Mets

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Re: Heisy and Arroyo tonight!!!

I'm not so sure Bruce catches that ball Heisey got to. I think Heisey is WAAAAAYYY underrated by the Reds fans and Reds management. I really think they're missing the boat on him.

As for Arroyo. I wish we weren't small market because I'd lock him up to another contract. The dude just saves our bullpen MOST of the time (not all of the time), and has that rubber arm. And strangely, he seems to be getting better with age. He seems more focused than he used to be. But then again, when you have a good defense and good offense around you, it's probably alot more fun.
    "I can't take this homerism anymore." - 10xWSChamps, August 11, 2010. A Cardinals fan having a problem with all the homerism on Redszone. Classic.

"Man do I miss the days where were didn't need a calculator and an encyclopedia of baseball metrics to enjoy a baseball game ... - MikeS21" - 8/2/12 game thread

2. Turn Off Ads?

Yes. 2011 will be the outfield of Heisey, Stubbs and Bruce, w/ Gomes maybe as a 4th Outfielder off the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    I'm not so sure Bruce catches that ball Heisey got to. I think Heisey is WAAAAAYYY underrated by the Reds fans and Reds management. I really think they're missing the boat on him.

As for Arroyo. I wish we weren't small market because I'd lock him up to another contract. The dude just saves our bullpen MOST of the time (not all of the time), and has that rubber arm. And strangely, he seems to be getting better with age. He seems more focused than he used to be. But then again, when you have a good defense and good offense around you, it's probably alot more fun.
    I agree.

Formerly Farsighted Fan sabometrics's Avatar

I love Heisey in his current role. I feel like we've got one of the best 4th OF's in the league right now. While Stubbs has the tools in the field as far as speed/range/etc, Heisey is not too far behind and he seems to be more polished. He makes those running plays. He doesn't come up "just short," he goes all the way. Chris is making Jonny look extremely expendable.

Can't say anything else about Bronson that hasn't already been said. He is the rock that this staff was built around. He'll have a blow-up or two every few months but otherwise you can absolutely count on him. Loved watching his performance tonight.
    "He looked like a surfer kid from SoCal," manager Dusty Baker says. "He didn't say much, but you could tell he was cool."

Brandon Phillips was ok too.

More AB's for Heisey, whoever has to sit.

And, more 7th inning and on defensive replacement for anyone other than Stubbs and Bruce.

Re: 7.7.2010 Reds at Mets

Hey I'm with ya, I've been screaming more time for Heisey for a month and a half now. Call me crazy but I think he is a much more pure hitter than Stubbs. He don't have his speed but I believe that a platoon is in order at least! Competition will always shake out a winner just look what happened to Gomes over Nix. Gomes took the bull by the horns and performed. I'd like to see what happens with Stubbs and Heisey dueling it out, It would only reap great rewards for the Redlegs.

I sense a 2nd half change. Heisey gets majority of starts and Gomes becomes the 4th guy.

Brandon's nice play was #1 on Top Plays FWIW
    Cincinnati Reds
    Marshall Thundering Herd

Kentucky Wildcats
    Indianapolis Colts

Washington Wizards

Turn Off Ads?