Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
Just going to ask a question I already know the answer to:

Have you ever checked out his career BAPIP numbers? You would think so considering the above quote.

You really should, you might be surprised.
How do you know the answer to that question? Have you been stalking me? You are an American Psycho, so maybe? lol

Yes, I know his career BABIP numbers. I said I examined his stats. His career BABIP is .283, low, but mostly due to this exceptional season.

My point is that he is having an exceptional, dominant season. I have watched him pitch three times, and each time I was amazed that someone actually got a hit off of him. His stuff looks unhittable right now. The main reason is that he no longer is just a guy who can throw 100 MPH. He's a guy who knows how to pitch and throws 100 MPH.

The history of baseball had many pitchers who have had dominant seasons in which their BABIP is exceptionally low. Pedro, Koufax, Carlton, Perry, just to name a few off the top of my head. None were as low as .229, but many were in the .230-.240 range.

Sure, Jimenez will likely regress to his normal BABIP at some point, but I just don't see it happening much this season.