Turn Off Ads?
Page 29 of 43 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast

Thread: Cliff Lee

Re: Cliff Lee

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    #Twins source denies any deal is done for Seattle pitcher Cliff Lee. Twitter rumblings had a Detroit radio station saying it's a done deal.

http://twitter.com/KSTPTVSports
    Sweet.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by 11larkin11 View Post
    I know no one (or very little) agrees with me, but the BIGGEST thing that has helped this team is team chemistry. The deal for Lee would be good, but people wanting to replace Cabrera don't realize how much that would hurt team chemistry. And team chemistry is an intangible that cannot be measured by sabremetrics, but has been the biggest reason for turnaround since Scott Rolen arrived here, and Orlando Cabrera followed.
    I don't know that this is the biggest thing that has helped this team, but I have very little doubt that team chemistry has played a big role in the Reds success so far this year, and agree mostly with your post.

MLB TV's John Hayman is reporting that it looks optimistic that the trade will get down between the Twins and M's, but the deal is not done. He said it likely includes Ramos, but the M's wanted more, and can't believe that it would be one for one.
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

They just talked about this on MLB Network, the deal was being rumored to have been one for one. Ramos for Lee. They didn't seem to think that it passes the smell test.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    They just talked about this on MLB Network, the deal was being rumored to have been one for one. Ramos for Lee. They didn't seem to think that it passes the smell test.
    If that's true, then what is Walt waiting on? The Reds can easily top that deal. It's time to go for it. I'm not saying empty the farm out but the Reds can top Ramos without giving away the farm. Cliff Lee makes the Reds a World Series contender. Go get him.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    To be honest, I watched the whole thing and they actually said that it did pass the smell test. Hayman seemed to conclude that it probably was going to happen, because he had heard that they were close all day today, but nothing was confirmed.

Walt/Cast owe it to the team for playing like gangbusters and to the fans who have suffered for 15 years. If not Lee, then get a great starter. Seriously, the team has more than pulled its weight; reward them.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    If that's true, then what is Walt waiting on? The Reds can easily top that deal. It's time to go for it. I'm not saying empty the farm out but the Reds can top Ramos without giving away the farm. Cliff Lee makes the Reds a World Series contender. Go get him.
    JoJo will hate me for saying this, but I'm not positive that Lee would be the best pitcher for the Reds to acquire this season. I think he might get hit hard in GABP. He seems to have found a way to maximize Safeco's death valley. He'd probably be very good for the Reds (around what he did for Philly last season), but I don't think he'd be as dominant as he has been for Seattle.

I'd rather get Haren.

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    Walt/Cast owe it to the team for playing like gangbusters and to the fans who have suffered for 15 years. If not Lee, then get a great starter. Seriously, the team has more than pulled its weight; reward them.
    Completely agree, and I think he will.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNext44 View Post
    To be honest, I watched the whole thing and they actually said that it did pass the smell test. Hayman seemed to conclude that it probably was going to happen, because he had heard that they were close all day today, but nothing was confirmed.
    Not the way I heard it.

Dave Valle, and Sean Casey went further and talked about how the Mariners have to get more, and that it wasn't enough for Lee unless they got one of Slowey or Baker. Heyman didn't say that it was "probably going to happen" he said they were in "serious discussions".
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

The Yanks, Dodgers and Cardinals had scouts at Lee's start today.

Dear Walt,

Do NOT let The Cardinals acquire Cliff Lee.

Thanks,

Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

Why does anyone need scouts watching Lee pitch? What are they going to learn that we don't already know. NOt having scouts watching him really can't mean a whole lot.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    Why does anyone need scouts watching Lee pitch? What are they going to learn that we don't already know. NOt having scouts watching him really can't mean a whole lot.
    Agreed. The only reason to send scouts to watch Lee, honestly, would be if you want your name associated with him to bid the cost up for a competitor.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

JeffFletcherAOL

MLB source hears #twins have offered OF Aaron Hicks (1st rnd, 08, 900 minor lg OPS) and top C prospect Wilson Ramos for C.Lee #mariners

http://twitter.com/JeffFletcherAOL
    Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Thus his team was punished
    Long live punishment
    Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Cut back on booze and pizza?
    Good god man get a hold of yourself

Turn Off Ads?