Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Tara Pachmayer fired from Channel 12

Tara Pachmayer fired from Channel 12

No real details given so far, but I will say she was good at her job from what I could tell. Sad to see her go. Hopefully she pops up in another station in the area.

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/tv/2010/...by-channel-12/

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Tara Pachmayer fired from Channel 12

I was never a fan of her trip-over-the-script delivery; she was painful to watch and one of the worst on-air personalities in the city. But it is always sad when someone loses their job and I hope she lands on her feet somewhere.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Sad to see anyone lose their job, but I'm shocked she lasted as long as she did. Her on-air delivery was awful, and her wardrobe choices were outright bizarre. I remember seeing her on one Saturday night when the TV at the bar was left on CBS after a basketball game and she was wearing what looked like a pink prom dress at the anchor desk. Another time she was wearing an evening gown on the set of a sports talk show.

She was, by far, the worst sportscaster in the city. I understand that it's probably tough to compete with people like Broo, Popo, Vogel, Johansen and Jansen who have all been here a long time and do very good work, but I think Pachmayer was bad even by regular standards.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    Sad to see anyone lose their job, but I'm shocked she lasted as long as she did. Her on-air delivery was awful, and her wardrobe choices were outright bizarre. I remember seeing her on one Saturday night when the TV at the bar was left on CBS after a basketball game and she was wearing what looked like a pink prom dress at the anchor desk. Another time she was wearing an evening gown on the set of a sports talk show.

She was, by far, the worst sportscaster in the city. I understand that it's probably tough to compete with people like Broo, Popo, Vogel, Johansen and Jansen who have all been here a long time and do very good work, but I think Pachmayer was bad even by regular standards.
    I have to agree. It sucks that she lost her job, but to save her the pain, they should have fired her a while back. She was never really that good of a sports caster OR reporter. She seemed cool enough, but it was really irritating to listen to her speak. Fumbling over your words is a big no-no in this business. Oh well...maybe she'll find better work elsewhere.

Turn Off Ads?