Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nationwide Event Next Week at TPC @ River's Bend

Nationwide Event Next Week at TPC @ River's Bend

Is anyone going out to the Nationwide event next week at the TPC at River's Bend? The tournament starts on Thursday, July 15th, and runs through Sunday, the 18th.

If you are planning on going, try to find me and support a fellow Redszoner. I'll be playing in the event. My name is Kyle Voska and I qualified on Tuesday at Walnut Grove CC shooting a 64. I will have a Cleveland Golf bag and my caddy is 6'7"....shouldn't be too hard to find. I'm very excited to be playing in such a great event. It should be a lot of fun. Wear your Reds hat and come on out!!

I've heard tickets are $10 each with 100% of the proceeds going to charity. One of the charities is the Munoz Foundation. Hope to see you there!
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Nationwide Event Next Week at TPC @ River's Bend

Awesome. Won't make it up there, but the Nationwide events are usually on the Golf Channel aren't they? If it is I'll be sure to watch it. Good luck.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Thank you! It looks like it's on the Golf Channel 2:00 - 4:00 each day. I'll probably have to make a hole-in-one or something else really good to get on tv.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Good luck, Kyle

Play well

We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Many congrats Kyle, thats certainly something to blow your own vuvezala over

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Good luck!!

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

Thanks guys! I'll post some updates on the course, Tour Vans, players I see out there, etc.

Last night and this morning I went up to TPC River’s Bend to play some practice rounds. The course is in awesome condition. Just perfect. Yesterday, I was by myself with a golf car. I played and charted the course. Charting the course is where you walk off yardages, chart the greens, laser carries to/over bunkers, etc. It’s very helpful in getting to know a course better.

Today, I went to the course with my caddy, Tyler Foley. We teed off at 7:30 with Jeff Olson. It was a very nice practice round. No one ahead or behind us. I started off hitting is mediocre, but started hitting it pretty good mid-round. All in all, I’m feeling good about my game.

After the round, I ventured into the clubhouse for lunch. I had some pork loin, potatoes, green beans, and a half chicken salad wrap. Very good lunch. Then I went to the locker room and found 5 Cleveland hats, 3 dozen Srixon Z-Star X balls, and 3 gloves in my locker. How cool is that?!

Shortly thereafter, I went out to the range for some practice. But first, I had to get a new lob wedge from Cleveland Golf because my old one has non-conforming grooves. I went with a 62 degree CG15 with the black pearl finish. I also had it bent down to 61 degrees and 2 degrees flat. Sharp looking club. They also gave me a DST 1 hybrid with a graphite shaft to try. I want to see if I can hit it far enough to take my 3W out. I won’t put this club in this week, but it’ll be fun to try it later on.

After getting the new clubs, I hit the practice area for a little over an hour. On the range, there were brand new Bridgestone Tour balls. I hit a few bags worth with most of my clubs. I then went to the short game area to break in my 62 wedge. I hit plenty of chips, pitches, flops, and bunker shots to really break it in. The club feels and looks great. On a full shot, I can hit it up to 90 yards. It reacts very similar to the wedge I have to take out so I’m not worried about an adjustment period.

Tomorrow, I’m going to play another practice round at 8:00 am with Brad Adamonis, Sam Arnold, and Jeff Olson. I’m looking forward to playing with Brad. We played and roomed at Miami U. together. Wednesday, I’ll be taking the day off from playing as I’ll be working the HCPD Jr. Championship followed by a lesson and the Beginner Golf Class I teach.

That sounds so cool! Good luck to you

You're not going to use that 3 wood from 1982 are you?
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    You're not going to use that 3 wood from 1982 are you?
    Still in the bag Mike! Taylor Made Retro Spoon. The head is the size of a golf ball with the sweet spot the size of a pea, but it still works.

Tee times came out today. I'll be teeing it at 9:10 off #10 on Thursday. Friday is 2:20 off #1.

Today was pretty cool despite the rain. I played with my old college teammate/roommate, Brad Adamonis. He's been on the PGA Tour the last couple of years. He didn't keep his card last year so he's back on the Nationwide Tour. Hopefully, he'll finish well to get back on Tour. We also played with Doug Labelle, PGA Tour '07 and '08. Doug is a great guy who I've know for years playing college golf and mini-tours. Very good golfer too, obviously. He's always had one of my favorite swings to watch. It's just perfect.

I hit the ball decent today, not great, but good enough to get me around well. I was a little out of my comfort zone today, but felt like I handled myself well. Playing with guys you've seen on T.V. can certainly make you feel awkward pretty quick. That being said, I'm glad I played with those guys because I'll be much more comfortable come tournament time. I definitely feel I can compete with these guys. I'm very confident in my game right now. Which is nice!

Redhook is +1 through 9 holes. The leader is at -5, and happens to be Tommy "Two Gloves" Gainey, of Big Break fame.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

meant to say through 5.
    Last edited by MWM; 07-15-2010 at 09:00 PM.

Rough day. I started out well, making a birdie on my first hole. And then another on #12, my third hole. 2-under par! From there, it was pretty bad, but hey, it happens. I wasn't nervous, but my swing felt very bad today.

Tommy "two gloves" Gainey was leading for awhile, but Peter Tomasula shot a 62 to take a 2-shot lead. He's good. He shot a 61 Sunday to win last week's event too. How about being 21 under for back-to-back rounds.

I wrote an article on my blog about my experience today. Click on www.kylevoska.com to read about it. Tomorrow will be better.

Turn Off Ads?