Orlando Cabrera ss

Joey Votto 1b

Scott Rolen 3b

Jonny Gomes lf

Jay Bruce rf

Chris Heisey cf

Corky Miller c

Mike Leake p

Hernandez likely to go to the DL according to Fay.
    Cincinnati Reds
    Marshall Thundering Herd

Kentucky Wildcats
    Indianapolis Colts

Washington Wizards

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 7.9.10 Reds @ Phillies

Cabrera last 48 games and 211 PA
    .227/.274/.299
    Rocking an OPS of .573

Ouch.

Wow, you can tell Dusty was pissed that Stubbs didn't get that bunt down. First he said, "that was a perfect pitch to bunt", then the next game he sits him. Good, I wouldn't mind Heisey getting an extended look. Stubbs certainly has, don't just yank Heisey if he has a bad game. See what happens if he plays everyday for 3 weeks.

People will point to the 3 homer game, but that isn't a sign of improvement, just an aberration. Stubbs should be hitting line drives, ground balls and bunts. He should shorten his swing and use his speed and be able to go deep into counts and take walks. Instead he has a long, looping swing. Sure, he may make contact and he's strong enough to hit some home runs when he does make contact. But, long term success is raising his OBP, and using his speed. Neither of which he's shown me he will do.

I'm just saying if I see another long, looping swing from Stubbs with an uppercut it will be too soon.
    Last edited by NeilHamburger; 07-09-2010 at 04:16 PM.

Johnny Cueto Fan

I see that Hanigan is in the clubhouse. So glad to see him back.

Quote Originally Posted by NeilHamburger View Post
    Wow, you can tell Dusty was pissed that Stubbs didn't get that bunt down. First he said, "that was a perfect pitch to bunt", then the next game he sits him. Good, I wouldn't mind Heisey getting an extended look. Stubbs certainly has, don't just yank Heisey if he has a bad game. See what happens if he plays everyday for 3 weeks.

People will point to the 3 homer game, but that isn't a sign of improvement, just an aberration. Stubbs should be hitting line drives, ground balls and bunts. He should shorten his swing and use his speed and be able to go deep into counts and take walks. Instead he has a long, looping swing. Sure, he may make contact and he's strong enough to hit some home runs when he does make contact. But, long term success is raising his OBP, and using his speed. Neither of which he's shown me he will do.

I'm just saying if I see another long, looping swing from Stubbs with an uppercut it will be too soon.
    Drew Stubbs 212 PA
    .270 .336 .471

Formerly Farsighted Fan sabometrics's Avatar

Stubbs riding the bench was a no-brainer today after those two errors yesterday. The bunt was horrible execution. I think my 10 y.o. cousin could tell him why he botched that suicide squeeze. The baserunning mistake on the hit and run was even worse, he's just lucky it didn't cost us a run.
    "He looked like a surfer kid from SoCal," manager Dusty Baker says. "He didn't say much, but you could tell he was cool."

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Reds pitcher was just changed to TBA. Apparently Cliff Lee just got on a plane and should be arriving around the 3rd inning.

Come to Cincinnati Cliff!!!
    Cincinnati Reds
    Marshall Thundering Herd

Kentucky Wildcats
    Indianapolis Colts

Washington Wizards

'19 '40 '75 '76 '90

rolen scratched with sore back

I bet Cairo hits higher than Hesiey and Bruce for some reason

I bet Phillips is moved to 4 spot and Cairo and Cabrera are 1 and 2 in our line up.

what a joke that will be

'19 '40 '75 '76 '90

Phillips 2b, Cabrera ss, Votto 1b, Gomes lf, Bruce rf, Cairo 3b, Heisey cf, Miller c, Leake p.

Johnny Cueto Fan

I think I would rather have Heisey batting 2nd with Cabrera taking his spot..Opinions?

Cabrera badly needs a rest, but Dusty keeps throwing him out there. Why does Janish never get in the game?

Quote Originally Posted by bigred97 View Post
    Cabrera badly needs a rest, but Dusty keeps throwing him out there. Why does Janish never get in the game?
    mindboggling really. what does janish have to do to get time. how did he get in dustys doghouse.

Turn Off Ads?