Turn Off Ads?

Thread: James Avery to start Sunday in AAA.

James Avery to start Sunday in AAA.

According to the Bats game notes, James Avery is listed as Sunday's starter: http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/d...7-9_vs_TOL.pdf.

I can't say that I understand this move. Serrano started for the Bats Wednesday because there was no better option, but why not pitch Jukich on Sunday, and call up Krebs to the AAA bullpen? Also, Tom Cochran has pitched well at AA this season, and yesterday in the game notes, it was Saturday's starter that was TBA, which made me think Cochran would be called up to AA to start, although, in the two starts in which i saw him last year, he appeared to be a soft-tossing junkballer. But why promote another starter from A+ when the Bats are trying to get back in to the pennant race/wild card?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: James Avery to start Sunday in AAA.

Don't count on the Reds organization to make any moves aimed at improving the Bats chances to get to the post-season. It's of little importance in the big picture.

Quote Originally Posted by GOYA View Post
    Don't count on the Reds organization to make any moves aimed at improving the Bats chances to get to the post-season. It's of little importance in the big picture.
    I know that, but this move makes no sense.

It may relate to how easily they can accommodate a change at Lynchburg and Carolina.

Thank you for posting this. We bought tickets for Lynchburg in Winston Salem tomorrow. Avery was due tomorrow but wasn't listed. At the time I saw no moves listed anywhere but this all makes sense now.

Quote Originally Posted by muddie View Post
    Thank you for posting this. We bought tickets for Lynchburg in Winston Salem tomorrow. Avery was due tomorrow but wasn't listed. At the time I saw no moves listed anywhere but this all makes sense now.
    I would assume Mark Serrano would start tomorrow in place of Avery in A+.

Jeremy Chase Ware is listed as the starter for Lynchburg.

Quote Originally Posted by muddie View Post
    Jeremy Chase Ware is listed as the starter for Lynchburg.
    Scratch that, he started last night.

Quote Originally Posted by batsfan View Post
    According to the Bats game notes, James Avery is listed as Sunday's starter: http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/d...7-9_vs_TOL.pdf.

I can't say that I understand this move. Serrano started for the Bats Wednesday because there was no better option, but why not pitch Jukich on Sunday, and call up Krebs to the AAA bullpen? Also, Tom Cochran has pitched well at AA this season, and yesterday in the game notes, it was Saturday's starter that was TBA, which made me think Cochran would be called up to AA to start, although, in the two starts in which i saw him last year, he appeared to be a soft-tossing junkballer. But why promote another starter from A+ when the Bats are trying to get back in to the pennant race/wild card?
    Jukich is not in camp because of a death in the family.

Quote Originally Posted by roborobj View Post
    Jukich is not in camp because of a death in the family.
    I'm sorry to hear that. Jukich' dad used to post here. I'll respect his privacy and not reveal the username.

Thoughts and prayers to the Jukich family.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Turn Off Ads?