Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Reds Should NOT go After Dan Haren, Zach Greinke or Any Other Pitcher

Re: The Reds Should NOT go After Dan Haren, Zach Greinke or Any Other Pitcher

The Reds shouldnt go after reigning AL Cy Young award winning Greinke? wow

3.21 ERA is pretty damn good, especially in a league with the DH

However, I would imagine him to be more expensive than Lee due to his age.

2. Turn Off Ads?

When are people going to stop counting on immediate success from Volquez this season? The dude is still in the minors coming off TJ surgery. The list of pitchers who had success immediately following TJ surgery is miniscule compared to the pitchers that immediately struggled, such as Hudson and Liriano. Banking on Volquez to be reliable, never the less a #1, is just going to get your hopes up.

And Chapman? He has a 1.54 WHIP in AAA. I don't think that deserves a MLB rotation spot during a pennant chase -- not unless that $30MM is a factor.

Reds were in attendance for the DBacks and Marlins game in which Haren and Nolasco were both pitching.

Quote Originally Posted by The Voice of IH View Post
    the arm for the Bull Pen will come by way of a Missile (a Cuban Missile) Aroldis Chapman. If a bat off the bench is all we need out of a player, could we call up Yonder Alonso?
    If I'm calling up a bat, I'd go for Dorn, or even Valaika.

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    Zach Greinke would be worth getting no matter the season.

Haren would be a good guy to get to replace arroyo or harang.

Oswalt will never happen.
    You want to replace Arroyo? Are you speaking in terms of next season I hope assuming we don't resign him?

Quote Originally Posted by Griffey012 View Post
    You want to replace Arroyo? Are you speaking in terms of next season I hope assuming we don't resign him?
    Im speaking in terms of next season.

Turn Off Ads?