Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Been a Long Time

patch

Been a Long Time

It has been a long time since I have been able to get excited about at Reds team. Have lived in N. Virgina the past 16 years and have been waiting for a good team....even though "we" now have the Nats...still a Reds fan. Remember a few yrs ago when I went to a game a saw Harang throw a good game against the Reds...Griffey Jr. was still talking to the people in the front rows of the stadium.

I love the Reds. Grew up with the Big Red Machine as a boy, and am happy to see them doing well again.

GO REDS...

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Been a Long Time

Quote Originally Posted by patch View Post
    It has been a long time since I have been able to get excited about at Reds team. Have lived in N. Virgina the past 16 years and have been waiting for a good team....even though "we" now have the Nats...still a Reds fan. Remember a few yrs ago when I went to a game a saw Harang throw a good game against the Reds...Griffey Jr. was still talking to the people in the front rows of the stadium.

I love the Reds. Grew up with the Big Red Machine as a boy, and am happy to see them doing well again.

GO REDS...
    Welcome, Patch! I know what you mean. It has been a long time since I scoured box scores and studied stats carefully. The Reds doing well has certainly gotten my attention back.

Re the Big Red Machine, sounds like we are similar ages. We were blessed to be young boys watching those teams. Btw, I lived in NoVA (Fairfax) for a couple years when I worked for the gummint during the late Bush I and early Clinton years.

Formerly Farsighted Fan sabometrics's Avatar

Please stick with us through these trying times.
    "He looked like a surfer kid from SoCal," manager Dusty Baker says. "He didn't say much, but you could tell he was cool."

Quote Originally Posted by sabometrics View Post
    Please stick with us through these trying times.
    its just one game....these trying times? i know it was a terrible way to lose a baseball game, but it's only one game out of 162. we're still 10 games over .500! despite all of the shortcomings this team has, we are two games up in the division, and if we win one of the next two, we will be 10 games over going into the all-star game.

also, provided we do win one of the next two, that will be a 6-5 road trip. that seems pretty successful to me

also to the op: GO REDS!!

Sarcasm never works on the internet, does it?
    "He looked like a surfer kid from SoCal," manager Dusty Baker says. "He didn't say much, but you could tell he was cool."

Sarcasm never works on the internet, does it?
    oops. well it is pretty hard to tell in my defense, some people are acting like the season is over now

Thus the sarcasm.

No worries though, I've missed my share of cracks.

even the best of us do on occasion. btw, the quote in your signature cracks me up, is that about leake?

Lets Go 'Bird' Hunting

Thus the sarcasm.

No worries though, I've missed my share of cracks.
    yes
    Hey Sparky! Indian Hill English teachers taught me everything I know!

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bornready View Post
    oops. well it is pretty hard to tell in my defense, some people are acting like the season is over now
    The season isn't over. But games like these make you wonder if we could be 7 or 8 games up on the Cards if we didn't have a hardheaded manager.

Quote Originally Posted by bornready View Post
    even the best of us do on occasion. btw, the quote in your signature cracks me up, is that about leake?
    Lol yeah, its from this USA Today article.

Turn Off Ads?