Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Dusty rears his ugly head.

Dusty rears his ugly head.

I know, I know - this has been a great season so far and Dusty deserves a lot of credit, but moves like leaving Leake in too long is beyond inexcusable. Hey great, you wanna get the kid a complete game?
    Limit it to two, three straight baserunners at the most. So you don't want to bring Cordero in until its a save situation? Then have Rhodes or another fres arm ready in case what happened...happened.

This team can't afford to give leads/games like this away. No reason for this. at all.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Duhsty rears his ugly head.

You pay your closer $13 million a year to close out games. Blaming Dusty for this loss is short-sighted. Point your finger at the player giving up the homer.

Glad to know Jocketty and the whole crew to watch this one up close.

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    Glad to know Jocketty and the whole crew to watch this one up close.
    Absolutely. I hope holding onto Mesorasco helps them sleep well.

Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post
    You pay your closer $13 million a year to close out games.
    It looks like the majority of that salary gets plowed directly into Buskin.

Couldn't this have been contained to the game thread?
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Blaming Dusty for this loss is short-sighted.
    I was posting back in April that Cordero was being overused. He simply does not have the stuff now that he's used to having.

There is no question that Baker has mishandled the back of the bullpen this year.
    Remember his statement, "We're trying to win as many games as we can early"? That's what had him pedal to the metal and leaning on Cordero to pitch at a unsustainable pace through the first couple months of the year. Coco's been leaking oil for weeks, and he's fried, physically and, now, mentally.

I appreciate Dusty's significant strengths. But he has only 1 way of handling the end of ballgames, and it costs the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    Absolutely. I hope holding onto Mesorasco helps them sleep well.
    Not getting Lee had nothing to do with this.

You pay your closer $13 million a year to close out games. Blaming Dusty for this loss is short-sighted. Point your finger at the player giving up the homer.
    No. With a 6-run lead you take out your rookie pitcher who you're trying to limit for the rest of the season. Who cares if he gets a complete game? I'd rather have him stronger later in the year and lessen his chance of injury. Dusty is an idiot. He really is. I just don't know how else to describe him.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    Not getting Lee had nothing to do with this.
    Not directly, no. But we're looking--Christmas Carol-like--at August and September without an ace transfusion. Leake was poor, so was Cordero, so was Rhodes. And they're the good ones.

Did I just get demoted to the Sun Deck and nobody told me?
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    Not directly, no. But we're looking--Christmas Carol-like--at August and September without an ace transfusion. Leake was poor, so was Cordero, so was Rhodes. And they're the good ones.
    Leake was not poor. Dude pitched stellar through 8 innings with 1 ER. Dusty and his obsession with letting pitchers finish innings or being too afraid to pull pitchers when they get into trouble was the problem here.

Quote Originally Posted by Redhook View Post
    No. With a 6-run lead you take out your rookie pitcher who you're trying to limit for the rest of the season. Who cares if he gets a complete game? I'd rather have him stronger later in the year and lessen his chance of injury. Dusty is an idiot. He really is. I just don't know how else to describe him.
    83 pitches. 83 non-stress pitches through 8 innings. He wasn't going into the 9th having thrown 100 pitches. This isn't Dusty's fault. Period. End of discussion.

I'm making a Dan Gilbert-like guarantee: the Reds are winning tomorrow against Halladay. Take it to the bank.

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

I'm making a Dan Gilbert-like guarantee: the Reds are winning tomorrow against Halladay. Take it to the bank.
    I wish you had a different username.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

Turn Off Ads?