Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Dusty strikes again

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Dusty strikes again

I was dj-ing tonight at a bar in West Chester, so I couldn't post my managing thoughts going into the 9th inning.

This isn't hindsight is 20/20. This is what I was thinking at the time and also the way I think a good manager should think.

1. It's been proven over and over this season, whether it be our Atlanta debacle or St. Louis' recent late game woes, that no lead is safe.

2. It's been extremely hot lately in the midwest and east coast. Doesn't matter if it's cooled off in the later innings........the starting pitcher endured the heat for most of the game. Therefore pitch counts shouldn't be the only factor in determining how long a guy stays in.

3. I realize we used up most of our bullpen the night before and Dusty was trying to avoid going to it. BUT??????

4. I had no problem with Leake going back out in the 9th inning. But what I said to the people around me was "if he gives up a hit or two, he needs to be pulled for Arthur Rhodes because Philly is predominantly a left handed lineup". Dusty leaves him in to give up 4 runs. Ugh. Just plain stupid.

5. Then he brings in the batting tee. I actually called it. I said again "if he walks someone, he'll give up a game tying or winning HR". BAM! And he went full count and threw a ball nearly in the dirt for ball four. Ridiculous. Give him something around the strike zone to hit. YOU DON'T WALK SOMEONE AND ALLOW THE TYING RUN TO COME TO BAT. Pathetic.

This pattern is so predictable.

I seriously wouldn't care if they cut Cordero tomorrow and ate his remaining $18M on his contract. I seriously wouldn't care if they fired Dusty tomorrow and put Schottzie XVI in charge.

I continue to wonder how many games we might be ahead of the Cardinals if we had a less hardheaded manager. Sure......we may be in first place now......but who is to say we couldn't be one of the top two teams in baseball if some of this lame brained managing decisions didn't happen???? And 5 or 7 games ahead of the Cards????

Insert attacking posts here ==============>
    Last edited by Vottomatic; 07-10-2010 at 03:02 AM.

Turn Off Ads?