Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The nosedive begins

The nosedive begins

Halladay and Hamels tonight and tomorrow vs. rookies. We are going to be swept and lose this road trip, and probably be in a 1st place tie at the break even though just 2 days ago we were 12 games over and had, HAD a 4 game lead. We are pretenders and I'm tired of living in denial, its not just a river in Egypt. Last night's loss was too much for me to take, twice in a season now we've had to experience this, can't we cut our losses with this fatass so called closer we have?

I can't see how we will rebound after this...I really think this is the beginning of the end for our run, sure we may finish with a winning record, but whoopty doo when we could win the division.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: The nosedive begins

When the season began, I would have bet you $500 we wouldn't be in a tie for first at the AS break!

My son called it the MELTDOWN. I called him Chicken Little!

it's one flipping lose dude.. we beat halladay once. even if we get swept we are in good shape going into the allstar brea. im as mad as the rest of everyone but i'm not ready to throw in the towl yet.

I am so grateful some of you guys are not my financial advisor.

Im more worried about rolens injury than last nights loss. if rolen is fine than i think this team will be fine.

Give me a break, it's one loss. The Cards just suffered a similar meltdown. After the AS break, we play the Rockies, Nationals, Astros, and Brewers, all teams we can and should beat.

It's one loss. Have you ever followed baseball before? Obviously not because stuff like this happens. You're the kind of fan I can't stand regardless of the sport.

The Reds never had a 4 game lead.

I am not ready to throw in the towel by any means, but I thought this from Lance McAllisters blog was thought-provoking:

Circle the date: Friday July 9
    The Reds gag on a 7-1 lead and lose. Francisco Cordero's blows his 6th save.
    Arthur Rhodes looks human and 40 year old Scott Rolen misses the game with a bad back. Reds miss out on Cliff Lee.
    Ramon Hernandez goes to the DL. Cardinals beat Houston 8-0. Reds go from the possibility of a four game lead Thursday night to a two game lead after Friday night. Road trip that was once 5-2 is now 5-4. Roy Halladay goes Saturday. Reds hit the break throwing three straight rookies.

this is getting very very very bad

It's not good, but I was just struck with the feeling that, even if we get swept, I am still feeling great about this season and our chances to make the postseason. First, we will (at the very worst) be tied for first and 8 games over .500. Second, Volquez looks filthy and will be back. Third, I am confident Walt will make a deal for a bat and/or bullpen arm.

I dont think this team as it stands is a World Series contender, but it is a playoff team. Even with a rough series here at the end of the first half, I still see us making a run.

really? a two game losing streak means that the season is over?

what did these people think when we were 7-11 after the San Diego series?

if we end up losing this series and are 1 up or tied by the break, we should keep our heads up...here is why:
    • we do not have another 11 game road trip
    • we do not have to go to LA to face the Dodgers
    • we are getting an ace for our staff
    • we have a very young nucleus of talent to build around
    • the free agent market will be pretty good this year
    • we haven't been in first place this long since 1999
    Last edited by cbowen2112; 07-10-2010 at 12:51 PM. Reason: wrong math

part of BBN

Quote Originally Posted by BakoTheTako View Post
    It's one loss. Have you ever followed baseball before? Obviously not because stuff like this happens. You're the kind of fan I can't stand regardless of the sport.

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Last night hurt....really bad....but let's not overreact.

I have a very positive feeling about tonight, strangely.
    Did any of you really think we were getting Cliff Lee? Honestly?
    Hernandez should have gone to the DL days ago but Lance's blog makes it sound like he just got hurt yesterday.
    From everything I've seen, Rolen's back should be fine, although I bet the Reds rest him until the ASB. As much as I'd like to see him out there playing, I hope he elects to skip the game if there's anything to this back injury.

Considering we are Reds fans and that we haven't won a damn thing in what seems like forever, I understand why everyone is being so fatalistic.....but things just ain't as bad as they seem.

We win tonight and people will feel a helluva lot better. And let me remind you - Cole Hamels (we see him Sunday - Halladay tonight) has not been gangbusters this year - he has an ERA over 4 and a WHIP of about 1.35. I know - he's on my fantasy team.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

Last nights loss is not a big deal. It happens people, we have a game tonight just move on and win.

Turn Off Ads?