Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sunday, July 11, 2010, Minor League Updates

Sunday, July 11, 2010, Minor League Updates

Lynchburg scored 5 in the first and 5 Hillcats pitchers made it hold up (barely), 5-4. Joseph fanned the side in the ninth, with a walk. Jeff Jeffords got the win with a hitless 2.1 innings, 3 K. Carlos Mendez was 3 for 3.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Sunday, July 11, 2010, Minor League Updates

Alonso is batting 3rd in the World Lineup, so that confirms, for me, that people in baseball DO think very highly of him.
    Domo Arigato, Here Comes Joey Votto

---TRF

"I do what I want to do and say what I want to say."

--Bronson Arroyo

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 11larkin11 View Post
    Alonso is batting 3rd in the World Lineup, so that confirms, for me, that people in baseball DO think very highly of him.
    He was one of the most impressive guys in batting practice from multiple sources.

One scout I talked to noted that he is still compensating for the wrist by swinging with his arms a little much, but its less than it was earlier in the season.

That Castro guy that pitched in the first was not having the best day id say.

Alonso K'd in his 1st AB.

Post 8000 on an Alonso K in the Futures game.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Alonso with a deep FO to CF in his 2nd AB.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Looked like his hands slipped off the bat after he hit it. Maybe it was just a reflection off the label or something.

anyways I'm guessing that was his last AB. 0-2 Deepfly, and a K.

What I like about this Futures game is that I have seen not one Cardinal sighting.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 in hall View Post
    What I like about this Futures game is that I have seen not one Cardinal sighting.

Bats up 5-3 after 5

Dorn and Cozart with HR

Is Valiquette supposed to make an appearance in the game?

Alonso GO 3-1.

Quote Originally Posted by mace View Post
    Lynchburg scored 5 in the first and 5 Hillcats pitchers made it hold up (barely), 5-4. Joseph fanned the side in the ninth, with a walk. Jeff Jeffords got the win with a hitless 2.1 innings, 3 K. Carlos Mendez was 3 for 3.
    mace,

We made it to this game. First time we'd been to the new WS park.

Mark Serrano started this game but sustained some kind of injury while pitching. I have no idea. I know during the bottom of the third Pat Kelly and the trainer headed for mound after one of his deliveries, conversed a few, and Serrano left the game. Pull, strain, no clue. Partch, Jeffords, Freeman and Joseph made it stand up after the five in the first. Freeman and Joseph impresssed me. I was hoping to get to see Joseph pitch and it worked out. After the five run first I was hoping the entire game that Lynchburg would stay in front so that Joseph would get the ball. He faced four batters, 3Ks and one BB as you stated.

Hot day under a beautiful blue NC sky but well worth it.

Valliquete is supposedly coming in for the World team.

Valiquette faced 3 hitters. FO, BB and FC. Sutcliffe didn't seem real impressed in his comments.

Turn Off Ads?