Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I just did the math, Ocab v. Janish OPS stats

I just did the math, Ocab v. Janish OPS stats

I did some math, not counting tonight Janish would have to go 0 for his next 22 to have an OPS lower than Cabrera.

It means nothing but if things stayed the same I just want to point out how bad Janish would have to hit to make the OPS comparable.

If Janish went 0-22 his OPS would drop to .603. Going into tonight CAbreras was .609.

Janish OBP would be .284 compared to Cabreras of .282
    Janish Slugging would be .319 compared to Cabreras .327

Crazy to think that Janish would have to be that bad to get to Cabreras level. Like I said though it really doesnt mean much other than just to point out something I was wondering about.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: I just did the math, Ocab v. Janish OPS stats

Janish definitely needs more playing time. No excuse in not resting a vet thats in a slump. But I lost all faith in Dusty thinking logical after the Corey Patterson and Willie Taveres junk.

Quote Originally Posted by Orodle View Post
    Janish definitely needs more playing time. No excuse in not resting a vet thats in a slump. But I lost all faith in Dusty thinking logical after the Corey Patterson and Willie Taveres junk.
    Yea, I dont mind Cabrera getting plenty of playing time, but he hasnt been right for 40 some games. At what point do you think he maybe had a hot streak and this is the real Ocab.

Gotta give the guy more time off. Hes falling on his face.

Cabrera has been pretty consistent the last few years with OPS of .705 in 2009 and 2008, and .742 in 2007. And GABF is a hitter's park. So it is reasonable to think that once healthy he will be a .700-.725 OPS hitter, which is not that bad for a major league SS.

Formerly Farsighted Fan sabometrics's Avatar

Neither is good enough to get full-time PT, but Janish needs to get more PT to rest O-Cab after the break. Maybe not as much playing time as say Hanigan was getting in the Hernanigan situation before the injury, but definitely more than what he has been getting right now.
    "He looked like a surfer kid from SoCal," manager Dusty Baker says. "He didn't say much, but you could tell he was cool."

Janish should start at least 3 times a week. 2 at SS, 1 at 3B.
    "...kicks and deals, and it's right down Broadway"

Quote Originally Posted by BigPoppa View Post
    I agree with the 2 at SS, but right now you have to keep letting Cairo spell Rolen at 3rd the way he has been hitting.

How about the next 2 or 3 weeks after the all-star break we give OCab and Janish equal playing time to ensure he is healthy and ready for the stretch run.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffey012 View Post
    I agree with the 2 at SS, but right now you have to keep letting Cairo spell Rolen at 3rd the way he has been hitting.
    I'll give you that. Cairo has been getting it done for us.
    "...kicks and deals, and it's right down Broadway"

Quote Originally Posted by Orodle View Post
    maybe Dusty is trying to trade OCab....thats why they keep running him out there every night!!!!!!!!!

I just noticed - Cabrera has 10 steals, apparently. I do not remember any of them. :
    "Why's he keep callin' me meat? I'm the guy drivin' a Porsche." - Calvin LaLoosh

Moneyball = Mulder, Hudson, Zito

Couldn't be more correct.

Make that 2 at ss, and 1 at 2B and I am in
    Cairo is a decent fill at 3rd for one out of every 6.
    Last edited by Ohioballplayer; 07-13-2010 at 12:57 PM. Reason: adding
    Bowled 12, 300 games, I'm BACK!!

Bowling a 300 game never gets old

Quote Originally Posted by lidspinner View Post
    maybe Dusty is trying to trade OCab....thats why they keep running him out there every night!!!!!!!!!
    Don't we all wish. Dusty has never liked Janish and I am willing to bet wouldn't play him at SS if Ocab was batting .100. Dusty loves him "vets" and feel they bring more to the table then a role player like Janish does. This is a major reason why Dusty must go.:thumbdown

Quote Originally Posted by Ohioballplayer View Post
    Make that 2 at ss, and 1 at 2B and I am in
    Cairo is a decent fill at 3rd for one out of every 6.
    Why would want BP out once a week. over .300avg isnt good enough.

I was on the ocab over janish train earlier in the season but it came to the point awhile back that janish obviously should have been splitting start with ocab. You split starts with them and whoever is hitting better gets more playing time. Plain and simple.

Quote Originally Posted by lidspinner View Post
    hahaha good one

Turn Off Ads?