Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I just did the math, Ocab v. Janish OPS stats

Re: I just did the math, Ocab v. Janish OPS stats

Janish's history as a hitter suggest that an 0-22 skid from him would not be to hard to fathom. Better hitters have such slumps all the time.

Janish is a better defender but he's most likely an even worse hitter than Cabrera playing everyday. I'd rather Janish start, I think his defense makes him quite valuable, but Cabrera's gonna start unless he just becomes unbearably awful or get injured. I think its time to accept that.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by zjr1717 View Post
    Janish's history as a hitter suggest that an 0-22 skid from him would not be to hard to fathom. Better hitters have such slumps all the time.

Janish is a better defender but he's most likely an even worse hitter than Cabrera playing everyday. I'd rather Janish start, I think his defense makes him quite valuable, but Cabrera's gonna start unless he just becomes unbearably awful or get injured. I think its time to accept that.
    Since Cabrera has been unbearably awful, and injured, already this year he's never coming out of the lineup.

Quote Originally Posted by bshall2105 View Post
    Since Cabrera has been unbearably awful, and injured, already this year he's never coming out of the lineup.
    Well he's not on the DL, so he's obviously not injured so badly he can't play.

Also, while hes been bad overall, his UZR of 1.8 suggests he's been above average in the field. He started out badly, but he has been a decent fielder as of late.

Overall his WAR of .2 suggests he's been just barely above replacement level. Below replacement level is what i would term unbearably awful. Paul Janish's even worse hitting would most likely make them a wash. I wouldn't exactly put a lot of faith in his 64 PAs this season as being reliably indicative of his future performance. Thats a woefully small sample size.

The larger sample size of Janish's career in both the majors and minors suggests he's an even worse hitter than Cabrera is now.

Quote Originally Posted by zjr1717 View Post
    Well he's not on the DL, so he's obviously not injured so badly he can't play.
    I wish he was on the DL.

Turn Off Ads?