Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 19 of 19

Thread: I just did the math, Ocab v. Janish OPS stats

  1. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    147

    Re: I just did the math, Ocab v. Janish OPS stats

    Janish's history as a hitter suggest that an 0-22 skid from him would not be to hard to fathom. Better hitters have such slumps all the time.

    Janish is a better defender but he's most likely an even worse hitter than Cabrera playing everyday. I'd rather Janish start, I think his defense makes him quite valuable, but Cabrera's gonna start unless he just becomes unbearably awful or get injured. I think its time to accept that.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    Posts
    860

    Re: I just did the math, Ocab v. Janish OPS stats

    Quote Originally Posted by zjr1717 View Post
    Janish's history as a hitter suggest that an 0-22 skid from him would not be to hard to fathom. Better hitters have such slumps all the time.

    Janish is a better defender but he's most likely an even worse hitter than Cabrera playing everyday. I'd rather Janish start, I think his defense makes him quite valuable, but Cabrera's gonna start unless he just becomes unbearably awful or get injured. I think its time to accept that.
    Since Cabrera has been unbearably awful, and injured, already this year he's never coming out of the lineup.
    "There are high fastballs and then theres Chapman's high fastball" -Chris Welsh

  4. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    147

    Re: I just did the math, Ocab v. Janish OPS stats

    Quote Originally Posted by bshall2105 View Post
    Since Cabrera has been unbearably awful, and injured, already this year he's never coming out of the lineup.
    Well he's not on the DL, so he's obviously not injured so badly he can't play.

    Also, while hes been bad overall, his UZR of 1.8 suggests he's been above average in the field. He started out badly, but he has been a decent fielder as of late.

    Overall his WAR of .2 suggests he's been just barely above replacement level. Below replacement level is what i would term unbearably awful. Paul Janish's even worse hitting would most likely make them a wash. I wouldn't exactly put a lot of faith in his 64 PAs this season as being reliably indicative of his future performance. Thats a woefully small sample size.

    The larger sample size of Janish's career in both the majors and minors suggests he's an even worse hitter than Cabrera is now.

  5. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    All around
    Posts
    7,484

    Re: I just did the math, Ocab v. Janish OPS stats

    Quote Originally Posted by zjr1717 View Post
    Well he's not on the DL, so he's obviously not injured so badly he can't play.
    I wish he was on the DL.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25